Sign in to follow this  
davemac2

singer 111G156 '0' stitch length?

Hi guys,

I'm tuning up this machine I acquired a year ago.  It's well used.  Some of the adjustments from the service manual state to set the stitch length to '0'.  However, '0' does not show up on my stitch length indicator.  It goes from 5 thru 32.  Can I assume that '0' is basically the max SPI past 32 or turning the handwheel past 32 until it stops while depressing the stitch length adj. button on the base?  When I do that, it still looks like there is a very small back and forth movement of the feed dog.  I have not tried running something in it yet at this setting, but I will to see.  Just curious why there is no actual '0' on the dial.

Yes.  O Stitch length means the needle just goes up and down without any stitch length produced.  Also , the stitch gauge which is a round disc on the main shaft may be off.  There are 1 or 2 screws that hold it to the main shaft. Loosen these and you can rotate the stitch length to be right on.  Go to maximum stitch length in your case 5 SPI and adjust the gauge to read 5 in the access window.  Go to 32 SPI which should be zero.  To my knowledge, Singer never had a zero on the stitch gauge.

glenn

I bet Uwe's vid can get you close it's for a Juki 563 style machine which are all basically 111's anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiaaT1npYrQ

It shows how to readjust the stitch length indicator if it is not showing the correct stitches per inch. It's possible yours bottoms out at "5" but it might be closer "0". That vid is really easy to understand.