Matt S

Ho Hsing G60 servo or what?

A bit more info for those who might like to know these things. I fitted the 3" (actually 75mm) pulley and it works fine! Actual ratio is 2.73:1.  Whether it's firmware or software is probably irrelevant but I would assume that it's programmed to only work up to a particular ratio, and if so then logically one would expect it to be a whole number and 3:1 would be a good guess. What I need now is a 2 1/2" pulley in order to prove this, unfortunately it's not a common size.

Now to experiment with settings and see if it suits my needs with the 3" pulley.

It's now an hour later and it's not as simple as I thought. If I go slow it stops fine, needle up or needle down, but if I run it fast it appears to get very confused when I take my foot off the pedal and shudders slowly for 3 or 4 stitches and then throws up an error. Next thing is to swap the 3" pulley for a 4"  (2:1) and see what happens. Only problem is I'm running out of belt adjustment! It's obvious that it's no longer going to be an option for me as I'll lose the slow speed and torque I had, but I need to know at what point the synchroniser will work (the info may be of some value to others).

Edited by dikman

I don't remember the exact values, but in older user manuals I have seen values like 600 spm for backtacking, 300 for needle up/down and 150 for thread cutting. So trying to do that at full speed may be a bit adventurous.

Greets
Ralf C.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:29 PM, R8R said:

Btw I tried out a reducer on that SP-1100 motor I posted and it worked great, positioner worked fine with it. I ended up removing it though as the 100 rpm start was fine and I will prob put the reducer on another machine.

Of all the motors I've looked at or used, this one is a winner. Great balance of power and utility vs cost. Other motors with similar power and low speed control have extra features I didn't need and it drives the cost up (auto back-tack, trimmer, etc)

Often the handwheel position speed being slowed down, it can give errors on some sync motors.  Glad to hear, I have not tried it yet.

Well, I've gone as far as I can to get the synchroniser working. The belt wasn't long enough to try the 4" wheel and my other belts are either too short or too long. I recall that when I first got it it worked fine but the pulley ratio was pretty much 1:1. It might work at 2:1, but I'm beginning to suspect not. The unit I have appears to be a pretty generic type as supplied with several servos, so probably pretty basic.I suppose the last two days haven't been completely wasted as I've learned something (and made a nice bushing for my big pulley). Matt, good luck with trying to achieve what you want, I'm sure it can be done - with enough money!:rolleyes:

Me, I'm back to a tiny pulley on the servo and I can crawl the Seiko and it easily punches a #140 needle through 1/2" of veg.

In my setups I havent noticed any errors unless a belt slipage. Although the full NP functions are not available using a reducer,  as in typical needle positions with the heel the treadle application.

If a different shnchronizer head with separate adjustments for up and down needle settings is an option for use that may prove to be a benefit on other servos.

With that, possibly ? This may Re-enable full/all functions of needle positioning. Just my thoughts on the subject today, this needle positioning is always a hot topic. Thanks for the tips

good day

Floyd

I’m kind of excited about this servo - is it just me or does it appear to have a squarish body as if it or a variant using the same form factor is perhaps NEMA sized to directly bolt up to a geared reducer?

Don, if you're referring to the one R8R pictured it appears to be pretty much identical in construction to my servos (in other words, fairly "standard" construction).

I’d love it if there’s enough room on the front cover to match a NEMA 27 or 34 hole pattern.  The distance between the mounting holes is....wait for it.....2.7” or 3.4”!  Lol

this looks like a nema 27 bracket and the other is a planetary reducer that fits a NEMA size servo motor

C6FD48C9-C549-43D7-9377-729B8FC9D8E8.jpeg.f082b85f9c63b51f4dc9c8027ffdf3c7.jpeg

9A188DF7-8DA7-4223-B8FF-3D14F8F82AF6.png

Edited by DonInReno

1 hour ago, DonInReno said:

I’d love it if there’s enough room on the front cover to match a NEMA 27 or 34 hole pattern.  The distance between the mounting holes is....wait for it.....2.7” or 3.4”!  Lol

Looks to be about 76mm (ish) spacing on the end plate mounting holes, with another set of holes inside those at 40mm to mount the belt cover bracket.

Interesting. I just checked mine, I have two types, a 550w and a 750w, same brand (Lishui). The 750w is 68mm and has a round front, the 550w is 70mm and has a square front like that planetary gearbox.

I've still been searching both aliexpress and alibaba trying to find a match to that unit R8R has posted, but with no luck. I can't find any servos rated at 1100w, the closest is 800w, this model is a close match at 800w and the control panel appears to have the same functions (LT-800W, made by Lishui). There also don't appear to be too many that start at 100 rpm, all the ones I've looked at start at 500 rpm.

Curious.

Thanks guys!

On 9/27/2018 at 10:03 PM, R8R said:

20180927_215736.jpg.1fdaf577c42ae36820c67bceb6f50dea.jpg

Hmm...the big Artisan looks awfully similar to your new servo?  

0B623052-547E-4FF8-931E-124203CBD659.png

47 minutes ago, DonInReno said:

Hmm...the big Artisan looks awfully similar to your new servo?  

0B623052-547E-4FF8-931E-124203CBD659.png

Might be. The controller is different though I think, and that is where the magic happens.

The one from Keystone is $75 cheaper too.

Edited by R8R
Formatting

Good to know....it’s addd to the list to Santa. :-)