BattleAx

Binder from Tennessee Attachment Consew 225

Found this Consew 225 on  Craigs List for a good price it is in very good shape.. I wanted a lighter machine so I could use it with a binder. I bought a number of binders off of eBay that didn't work. Contacted Tennessee Attachment and purchased this binder it works like a dream I use cotton twill for the binding. This saves me time on my light weight bags not having to double hem all the edges. I use the CB4500 to sew all the leather onto the canvas.

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

Here is the Waxed Canvas Bag I just finished.. 

Edited by BattleAx

nice bag and nice Consew!  I'll be purchasing a binding attachment soon for canvas as well.  Did you have them custom make that attachment or is it a stock item?  I make my own binding from very thin canvas rather than twill tape, which means it needs to be double folded, so I may need to go the custom route, but I've been looking into that company. 

You're binding looks like it sews up really nicely.  When the inside of a canvas bag looks as nice as the outside, that's how you know its well made!

29 minutes ago, trailrunner said:

nice bag and nice Consew!  I'll be purchasing a binding attachment soon for canvas as well.  Did you have them custom make that attachment or is it a stock item?  I make my own binding from very thin canvas rather than twill tape, which means it needs to be double folded, so I may need to go the custom route, but I've been looking into that company. 

You're binding looks like it sews up really nicely.  When the inside of a canvas bag looks as nice as the outside, that's how you know its well made!

This is a stock item it depends on how thick the material is that you are going to sew. The thickest material you can put through this binder is 1/4". 

On 9/30/2018 at 2:44 PM, BattleAx said:

This is a stock item it depends on how thick the material is that you are going to sew. The thickest material you can put through this binder is 1/4". 

Hi,   I was wondering if you happened to know the part number for the consew 225?

Please advice,

Thanks!

8 hours ago, photo2u said:

Hi,   I was wondering if you happened to know the part number for the consew 225?

Please advice,

Thanks!

Moved to Leather Sewing Machines.  If you search this forum, you might find more info.