Just finished up this leather Duffel Bag. A good friend of mine called and asked if I wanted this white leather hide his work was going to throw it out. I told him I would take it and try to make something out of it. This bag used a -lot of leather. I will be able to make a few Tote bags and small item with the rest. I will try to sell this on Esty the only problem it is white not to many people want this color. 

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

Great job.

18 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great job.

Thank You 

That is a pretty design. I like the white. Good contrast.

How did you reinforce the handles so that they don’t pull off or out of the main bag leather when the buyer stuffs too much in? 

How much can it hold without deforming?

You don't need a whole bunch of buyers.  You just need one.  Someone will recognize it for what it it-a real nice handmade bag that no one else has.

Very nice job! I like the white leather because it is different from the usual dark colors, very classy! If you care to share, where did you get the pattern for the bag? 

Don't think of it's color like this is a problem. I believe your bag will find it's buyer. It's a really good work, and stitches are very accurate. 

2 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

How did you reinforce the handles so that they don’t pull off or out of the main bag leather when the buyer stuffs too much in? 

^ twice that

22 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

That is a pretty design. I like the white. Good contrast.

Hi Scooby, I have 16 copper rivets that hold the handles on the bag, I use leather washers inside the bag to reinforce the the handles. I use these leather washers on my canvas bags. 

Thanks

What’s a leather washer? Are they like leather conchos, but without the metal spots?

I ask because people actually make noises when they pick up my personal purses and the handles are always tearing out, or up. My current purse looks like a bear tried to escape from inside by tearing at the bottom of the handles. Lol. 

My next purse will be latigo. :lol:

:unsure: How hard is it to turn latigo inside out?

daniel86, twice what?

Edited by ScoobyNewbie

Yeah, you will have noooo problem selling that. Enough about the bag though. How about that dog peeking over the table, that is a beautiful beast you have there :) 

19 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Yeah, you will have noooo problem selling that. Enough about the bag though. How about that dog peeking over the table, that is a beautiful beast you have there :) 

Hi battlemunky,  That is Capone he is my buddy he will hang out in the basement with me when I am working on leather projects. He is a very cool dog my best friend.

Thanks..

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, ScoobyNewbie said:

Too help with this possibility, I would always pass the handle straps right under the bag, so there is less worry about the handles coming loose if the bag is overloaded. (Personal experience from carrying an overloaded school-bag many many moons ago).

On 10/2/2018 at 7:05 PM, BattleAx said:

Just finished up this leather Duffel Bag. A good friend of mine called and asked if I wanted this white leather hide his work was going to throw it out. I told him I would take it and try to make something out of it. This bag used a -lot of leather. I will be able to make a few Tote bags and small item with the rest. I will try to sell this on Esty the only problem it is white not to many people want this color. 

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

Do you have a pattern you can share?

Beautiful bag

Impressive work !  ... and no, you'll have no trouble selling it ;)