imastevenotanumber

Trouble with machine

Hi all :) I'm new here and to leatherwork ! I have just bought a singer 29k72 longarm and amongst other small problems I have with it is that i don't seem to be able to adjust the stitch length ! its supposed to be able to adjust by a sliding clamp that goes around the walking foot but there is barely any difference up or down ! can anyone offer me some advice ? thanks in advance:)

it could well be that the tip of bell crank lever (see parts list) is worn or you have assembled the stitch length adjuster the wrong way - or both.

Reg. stitch length adjuster: The gib the set screw is pushing against has a small wedge this wedged has to be upwards. The squared frame also has a wedge this has to be downwards. Hope you know what I mean - some pictures.

The wedges give the presser foot bar room for it´s movement.

See PDF attachment for the manual / parts list.

29k71-71-73 Service Manual and Parts List.pdf

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for the advice and photos and last but not least the manual. I'll report back once i've inspected the parts :)

I'm having somewhat of the same problem I can only get 8 stitches per inch on my boot stitcher. I've check that the jib and frame to make sure they were installed properly. I've gone as far as purchasing a new bell crank lever and installed it; still not sure what the problem is. I would like to get at least 6 stitches per inch, however, I'm not making any headway. Does anyone know if replacing the foot bar or slide bar would make any sort of difference? I really thought that replacing the bell crank lever would take care of the issue.

5bd9b84fafb6f_Singer29K71.jpg.bd26530b8cda733458a23200f71f574d.jpg

There is also some really good information located under this topic head "Singer 29K72 Stitch Length Problem" that may help you with your problem.