3248tm

Installing a conch on gun holster.

I'm looking to install a screw on concho on the loop of a gun holster. How do I make sure the Chicago screw does not scar the holster.

20180928_213554-1209x1612.jpg

I would glue a piece oF leather or suede over the screwhead ..

Yep, glue a backer to it. It'll keep the screw from backing off as well.

or glue a donut of leather over it; thicker than the screw head. Then the slot would still be available

Might I suggest, put the screw between the layers of the holster if it is a lined holster. Both layers of my holsters are tooling leather, the same weight.  Super glue the stud when you put it in. cover the screw head with a thin piece of leather, skived to a feather on the edges .  Glue the holster together and sew.   I don't build a lot of holsters but the ones I do are all western holsters and fairly expensive.   The only place I put a concho on a holster is on the band going around the holster.  I just don't like the "LUMP" on the inside of a holster.  Not saying I am right but just how I do it. 

I Love the tooling and the color.  What color is it and how did you apply?  Full strength or diluted?

Thanks 

Doug