Mocivnik

ADLER 105-373

I got this offer, for a fully working ADLER 105-373 on the table with working motor. The price is 560 USD.

I'm interested in this, if this is a proper machine for working on knife sheaths and gun holsters? I use several layers of veg tan 6-8 oz.

If anyone has it, how high is possible to lift the foot, what kind of transport does this machine use?

Is this fair price for this machine?

Thanks in advance!

Untitled.png

I doubt it is a 105 at all its rather an Adler 5 (predecessor of the 105). Dont trust the tag - if it has one. I even doubt that there ever has been a 373 subclass. 373 usually goes with Adler 67, 167 and the like but not with Adler 5 or 105. The Adler 105 looks different. It seems to have a jump foot system but the picture doe not tell the whole story. Do you have a side view of full front view? Foot lift usually is 12mm -14mm but when possible go and test it before you buy it. You never know if a vintage machine has been modified or not.

If you need a German manual for the Adler 5 send me a PM and I can email you one.

Edited by Constabulary

Where the machine is listed the other picture of the grey machine is the Adler 105-373 and this is the Adler 5-25.

So this one is actually 105-373? Hmm..okay :D Thanks! :)

Same questions, this machine :

I'm interested in this, if this is a proper machine for working on knife sheaths and gun holsters? I use several layers of veg tan 6-8 oz.

If anyone has it, how high is possible to lift the foot, what kind of transport does this machine use?

Is this fair price for this machine?

Untitled.png

Holy smokes - I never have seen a 105 like this :o Seems to have triple feed. It looks to me like a binder machine or special application machine. But I doubt you will get THIS machine for 500€ or so. 

We don´t know how either machine is set up. It is well possible that "off the shelf" machines have been modified. Only 1 picture or just a class and subclass cannot tell how a machine is actually set up. Especially not w/o seeing good pictures.

Honestly - go to the dealer and talk to them and test the machine, this is better than any advice. Don´t take the machine home and then find out - test it - a good dealer allows you to test machines.

That is a real rare machine.  I too have never seen one.  I think that one has been retooled to be a walking foot machine.

glenn

Hi!

I bought this sewing machine for 400€ and its Adler 5-27. Machine works fine and sew 12 mm (0.4724412 inch) thick VEG leather. 

If someone can send me  manual for the Adler 5 I will be very grateful.

Greetings from Slovenia

Hello!

The sew24 did not publish original manual, or I didnt find them on their site. Even if Adler class 5 is predecessor of Adler class 105 the name of the parts is not the same. Adler through history made different parts under different names and sometimes is good to know the first original part name. But thanks anyway.

Emil

Thanks Matt, I thought EmilK would have seen the 104 and 105 listed and got both manuals.

Bert.

Thanks to both of you.

Emil