LeatherNewbie76

New Workbench Help

This is the new work bench I have been putting together however I hit a snag. As you can see I have peg board on the back with the intention of just hanging my tools and having racks for them. However most of the tools are to slender to be held by the hooks or dont have holes in them to hang.

Any alternative ideas on mounting my tools to the board?

43505778_2118308918431912_3309132307108986880_n.jpg

Bend the hooks so they fit your tools?  

Could you use the longer horizontal hooks and lay less weighty Masonite shelfs on those ?

How about drilling holes at an angle in a piece of 2 x 4 and then screw it to the pegboard?  Slip your stamps into the holes.

Gary

Or position some of the hangers close enough so that they can support some of the tools. Drill some holes in the handles if big enough and add some rope/cord/string and hang them that way. I don't have peg board as you can see so I've tapped in some nails and hang stuff on them.

20180818_135823-747x1328.jpg

Edited by battlemunky
fixed pic

Just the other day I was at Home Depot and they had a plastic small tools rack for pegboard.

It seemed like it would hold a lot and was only 6 bucks. Check it out.

Bend some of your pegboard hooks around, so they have a loop on the end, or you can buy pegboard hooks with a loop instead of a straight end.

I think you will be, in the long run glad if you use some plywood or solid block.

With this and some wood work tools you could make a few custom modules I would say. These can take advantage of your initial pegboard and for adjustment options.

The pegboard I would make secure in the center and or at a few places say on 16'' oc or thereabouts.

I don't have the patience in the split second of some pegboard hangers, in removing the tool or putting them back up. I mean I just demand a secure mount. Been there, its remove tool and hold hanger.. re install tool with two hands securing most all hangers.

In this there is some enjoyment, take a spin over to the big box lumber stores. I haven't scoped them out lately but if there are new hanger types " they actually use " for us customers, well they should have some new secure designs.

On a final old tip the; woodsmith tips. These have been a top quality, tested and in my opinion refined to great value. Many years ago I subscribed and really before these phones and laptops, yes including the countless desktops I put together. lets say its been awhile but check some on there ideas they always had extensive plans that were in my usage spot on accurate.

Good day

Floyd