For belt edges, Black and Chocolate Brown are easy - that dark and you just have to make sure you get good saturation. But when doing a medium dark edge color, like a mid brown, I've found that it can get uneven and blotchy. Any tips for an even application? I've been using an edge marker, and daubers make me nervous due to less control, but I wonder if that would work better here? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

For doing all my edges, I use a roller brush. Its got a brass cone-shape instead of a proper brush. Dip it into your coating, and apply it along the edge. Easy peasy, no drips, runs or uneven edges.

Disclaimer: This is how I use it, but I have recently been told I should be filling the handle with the edge coat, and allow it to run out onto the brass cone assembly. Mehhh! My way suits me fine.

Edited by Rockoboy
Disclaimer

Good grief!!! How could anyone use that tool properly with the barrel full of paint? I keep thinking of what a mess that would be.

I have three or four of them little tools among others. What you describe using is what I use all the time now. Best there is.

Ferg

20 hours ago, Ferg said:

How could anyone use that tool properly with the barrel full of paint?

My thoughts exactly, but somebody that I gave one of the roller brushes assures me its supposed to be filled with dye, edgecoat or whatever you choose to use.

22 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

For doing all my edges, I use a roller brush. Its got a brass cone-shape instead of a proper brush. Dip it into your coating, and apply it along the edge. Easy peasy, no drips, runs or uneven edges.

Disclaimer: This is how I use it, but I have recently been told I should be filling the handle with the edge coat, and allow it to run out onto the brass cone assembly. Mehhh! My way suits me fine.

I use mine your way. I have two hollow-tube handle ones and a smaller coned solid handled one - would be kinda difficult filling that handle with edge paint

I dip my roller brush into the paint - seems to me the paint would not roll out onto the brass head evenly, and like Ferg said, I worry it would drip or create a mess.

Gary