Sign in to follow this  
Bayou Bengal

Veg Tan Knife Roll

Made out of 4/5 oz Hermann Oak veg tan.  Used Fiebings walnut dye and then finished it with some carnauba cream.  The pocket flap is 3/4 oz and the straps are 1/4” 7/8 oz.  buckles came from buckleguy.  The customer loves it.  He’s messaged me twice already telling me how much he loves it. hQuuyV4.jpg

gQ2eyD7.jpg

ewvQvW6.jpg

7U4k5TZ.jpg

Very nice, bet your fingers are sore after all that stitching!

The only comment I would make is you should burnish the edges on the strap and keepers, great project though!

What is preventing knives from cutting stitches when inserted/removed from the pockets?

46 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

What is preventing knives from cutting stitches when inserted/removed from the pockets?

Imagination.  And a small piece of scrap as a welt. 

1 hour ago, Bigfoote said:

Very nice, bet your fingers are sore after all that stitching!

The only comment I would make is you should burnish the edges on the strap and keepers, great project though!

I was all ready to, and then I had the straps there and for some weird reason, I liked how it looked.  But I should have burnished them. All of it was stitched with the boss.  So less fingertip pain, and more elbow/shoulder pain.  

Very nice work/ Yup, I nee one of those!  Might just be the boot in my butt to finally get me to finally make one. Will be a bugger to hand stitch though!