My first tote bag, based on Ian Atkinson's excellent Build Along video and pattern. It has an internal pocket, a simple closure and long handles as requested by my daughter.

The leather is 1.5mm softy veg tan shoulder in light tan from Metropolitan in the UK. The pocket is made from veg tan softy goat skin from Prevo.

Now to make another one for my other daughter - different colour handles though.

finished-tot.jpg

finished-tote-inside.jpg

Very nice execution.

ooooooo nice!

Very nice.  I do like the longer handles

Great looking

I am making a tote bag also using Ian Atkinson's Build Along plan. I have made a few changes but pretty similar to yours. I really like how your bag turned out, nice contrasting colors. It looks like you stitched the handle on one side and not on the other side. Just wondering why you did that? Do the rivets alone supply enough strength?  I have been trying to figure out a good closing mechanism and of course over thinking it.  Your method of using a simple closure is perfect!

Thanks for posting! I will post my bag when it is finished.

Hi TomWisc, sorry only just noticed your comment.

All handles were stitched through as well as riveted; it just doesn't show in the picture. Definitely overkill for strength but gives it a nice look with the contrasting thread.

I looked at quite a few tote bags online before coming up with the simple closure . As it is held on by a snap at the back, it can be removed if found superfluous and easily replaced.

The handles were made from bridle leather strips bought on Etsy. The second tote  I made had dark brown rather than navy straps.