Wow, those are great !! What wt. leather do you use for youre harnesses? They look comfortable.  

58 minutes ago, JD62 said:

Wow, those are great !! What wt. leather do you use for youre harnesses? They look comfortable.  

4 oz very pliable

Wow...beautiful work, sir!

3 hours ago, kiwican said:

4 Oz chrome right?

Yes sir

1 hour ago, JazzBass said:

Wow...beautiful work, sir!

Thank you

Man! More cool stuff!

Nice holsters,

any possibility of getting the shoulder rig pattern?

On 10/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, Kulafarmer said:

Nice holsters,

any possibility of getting the shoulder rig pattern?

I used my sons bag pack straps for the harness pattern

Love those two tone shoulder holster rigs.  They do look very comfortable.  

Beautiful work, looking forward to seeing more work from you.

very nice holsters. i esp like the last two.

Those look more like works of art!

I dont understand why the need to carry a loaded gun and two extra magazines, are they going to war or just bad shots:unsure:

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

I dont understand why the need to carry a loaded gun and two extra magazines, are they going to war or just bad shots:unsure:

Colt 1911 only has 7 round per magazine. 3x7=21, which isn't many of you're counting on it saving your life one day. For comparison a Glock 17, standard for those bobbies who carry a pistol, has 17 rounds per magazine and they carry at least one spare. They're not going to war either and usually only fire a few rounds in the very rare event that they fire their pistol at somebody.

4 hours ago, chrisash said:

While not notorious for doing so, . . . sometimes a magazine can become a problem and has to be dropped, . . . replaced.  

That is the reason for the "first" extra mag.  The  second extra mag is for places some of us have to go that in years past, . . . would have been traversed only by a fire team that had air support.  

You apparently don't have those places, . . . some of us do.  

I have 1 magazine places, . . . 2 magazine places, . . . and some places that I just don't go thru any more.   As a child, . . . walked those streets with no fear at all, . . . worst thing that might have happened would have been a snowball fight.  Today, . . . that area is the first part of the nightly news, . . . with one or two of the day's daily shootings or stabbings.

And, yes, . . . I am proficient with my  1911, . . . just want to be sure I come home each night.

May God bless,

Dwight

wow nice looking work !!!

On 17/11/2018 at 3:58 AM, chrisash said:

Also there seems to be an assumption that 1 or 2 rounds can stop the threat. This may not be the case for any number of reasons. Additionally there also seems to be an assumption that you are only facing one potential threat. Not to mention problems that may occur with magazines in general. As the old saying goes. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.