20181014_051718.jpg

• Medium (pre-cooked) shrimp (about 30)
  • 4 cloves fresh garlic
  • 3/4 c black beans
  • .5 c fine chopped red onion
  • .5 c fine chopped jalepeno pepper
  •  
  • cumin, cardamom, tumeric to taste

Takes about 10 minutes.  Serve with fresh jalepeno (at least one) and a couple of wheat (or whole grain) tortillas.

No, I'm not that big on cooking.  But I do it because I AM that big on eating ;)

Way to keep that teensy splash of leather in the shot ;) 

Is that your wallet?

is there supposed to be something after that dot between chopped jalepeno and cumin? Plan on making this soon.

That is where the magic goes into the recipe....

37 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Way to keep that teensy splash of leather in the shot ;) 

Is that your wallet?

Nah.. tha's a prototype double mag pouch for a single stack 45.  Still on the desk cuz it needs a slight revision (that's what us designers call it when it's a FAIL and we don't want to say it).

Wife out of town.. just me 'n' these canine dummies.. so eating and designing in the same chair ;)

29 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

is there supposed to be something after that dot between chopped jalepeno and cumin? Plan on making this soon.

Nothing there - the dot is just a spacer, to say that I didn't actually measure the season fixin's.  Grill (or pan sear) the shrimp, toss in other 'stuff' and cook about 5 minutes - basically just enough to let everything 'join' - slap it a plate, toss the tortillas on the fire 15-20 seconds.  Most of the time involved is telling the dogs it aint fer them.

I used a tad of olive oil under everything - sorta coat the skillet - otherwise nothing else added.  Total nutritional 'stuff'.. about 420 calories, very low fat, low sodium, and enough protein that your body can't even assimilate that much in one sitting (not to worry, excess protein is discarded, NOT stored as body fat).

Plus, it's YUMMY ...

20 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Nothing there - the dot is just a spacer, to say that I didn't actually measure the season fixin's.  Grill (or pan sear) the shrimp, toss in other 'stuff' and cook about 5 minutes - basically just enough to let everything 'join' - slap it a plate, toss the tortillas on the fire 15-20 seconds.  Most of the time involved is telling the dogs it aint fer them.

I used a tad of olive oil under everything - sorta coat the skillet - otherwise nothing else added.  Total nutritional 'stuff'.. about 420 calories, very low fat, low sodium, and enough protein that your body can't even assimilate that much in one sitting (not to worry, excess protein is discarded, NOT stored as body fat).

Plus, it's YUMMY ...

Ah, I see. I get the bit about the dawgs, my coonhound mix is a rescue out of New Mexico, so in desperation, I've started telling her, "eso no es tuyo"...seems to work, we'll see. 

On the north west coast of England there is a bay; Morecambe Bay, composed of mud & sand flats that are covered at high tide and exposed at low tide. It is very treacherous, with quicksands, gullies, and so on. It can just about support a light tractor with wide wheels, but you have to know what you're doing, and they are frequently lost & sunk The main activity & industry is fishing, especially for shrimps; in fact the local football team (soccer to you) is called The Shrimps 

One morning a fisherman out there discovered a body - it happens now & again; they get stuck in the sands, or are washed downriver. Now he had a problem. Officially he should leave the body where it was and call the police. But this is a mudflat,; there was nothing to fix it to, and after the next high tide it would disappear. So he put it on his trailer and brought it ashore, then informed the police

The local copper said, OK, you made the best decision in the circumstances..... You haven't done anything silly have you, like going through the pockets, or stealing his watch?

'No', said the fisherman, it's just as I found it ---- 'Mind you, I got 30 pounds of shrimp off it before I called you!'

@zuludog I love that story.

We have a similar tale in northern Australia.

There's a man fishing with his wife and mother in law. Unfortunately, the mother in law falls in the river and is washed away.

They immediately call the Rescue Services who come and search the area for 2 days.

The family get a phone call at home from the Rescue Services Chaplain, who said she was found in deep water with a couple of huge mud crabs caught in amongst her clothing.

So the guy says "Bring those crabs into town, set her back for another 24 hours, and we will go you halves in all the crabs she catches". ... and I thought it was specifically Aussie humour! :lol: