myjtp

Just picked up a Consew 206RB-2 for $300

It's a step in the right direction BUT the pulley only has on set screw & if you start sewing anything very thick in time it won't hold,that's why they put 2-screws in the original pulley that line up with the grooves in the shaft.

6 minutes ago, myjtp said:

whoops how about these?

https://www.sailrite.com/Schmetz-Needles-135x16-DI-20-Pack-10

Let me know and I will just order them from you since you have been so helpful!

thanks!

Sailrite is high priced on everything they sell,we sell the for $4.00 a pk.

1 minute ago, CowboyBob said:

It's a step in the right direction BUT the pulley only has on set screw & if you start sewing anything very thick in time it won't hold,that's why they put 2-screws in the original pulley that line up with the grooves in the shaft.

Do you have a good 6" pulley with the two set screws in the same spot as stock pulley?

No,I priced one from Pfaff once & it was $150.00 (still cheaper than a reducer & servo) BUT you need a servo anyways.

11 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

No,I priced one from Pfaff once & it was $150.00 (still cheaper than a reducer & servo) BUT you need a servo anyways.

Sent you a message to your inbox 

That should work. The other option is to drill and tap that other one for a second screw, which I've done on a couple of pulleys. I've run a smaller belt like that and so far it's been fine. There is a possibility that it may slip, depending on the fit in the pulley, but so far it hasn't been an issue for me. The alternative is to fit a larger belt, which will then ride a bit higher on the motor pulley but will still work. The only potential issue with a wider belt is that it may be be a bit stiffer. I've done both.

This is one I've just finished -

As you can see the belt is low in the pulley, but it has driven a size 24 needle through 1/2" of veg without slipping/stalling.

So I just cleaned out the bottom gear of all the old grease 

EC43A03F-68BA-449D-9B11-D4AB450148A5.jpeg.5b03ddc4ab8cf40d01ad46bb961e74bd.jpeg

now I need to clean out the upper gear BUT this plate with the wicks are in my way :/ anyone know how to pull these out? One of the wicks is knotted and and few other ones are keeping the plate down any ideas?

47315669-021E-4681-97DE-9EC5FCEA6ED2.jpeg.c2e0064a80fd5cd483f4248439e3cd06.jpeg

I just got a 206RB-3 for $300 on table and motor. But in order to get that deal I had to take a 331k4 singer shuttle machine and a 111wsv77 for $100 each, on tables. And they threw in a Rimaldi 4 thread serger on table for free.  Hmm, four machines that were in use when turned off for $500.  I couldn't say no, even though 2 weeks later 3 of the tables are still on the trailer because I don't have any room in the house OR garage for them.

I'll have to read all the advice above.  Too late now.

Did we ever decide exactly what the 111w special variant 77 was?  I have a 111w151 and 155.  I guess I'll have to set them next to each other and see.

:lol: Well done, councilman! Sounds like a real good deal to me. I had the same problem (still have, actually) regarding lack of room. My solution - dismantled my glasshouse, sold it (got more than I paid for it :)) and built a small shed in place of it for the sewing machines. Unfortunately, I ran out of room again and now have one in my garage.

As for the WSV77, after comparing parts in mine to the 111W15x manuals the best I can figure out is that it appears to be the same as a 111W153. It's definitely not a W155, but I'll be interested in your thoughts after comparing it to the W151.

13 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Sailrite is high priced on everything they sell,we sell the for $4.00 a pk.

I am confused, is it not the key that takes all the power transfer rather than the allen keys that just hold the wheel into place, so id if in alignment with the motor have little work to do

19 minutes ago, chrisash said:

I am confused, is it not the key that takes all the power transfer rather than the allen keys that just hold the wheel into place, so id if in alignment with the motor have little work to do

The shaft has 2-grooves on it approx.  45degrees apart that the head of the screw seats into,there is no keyway on these machines.

Thanks, it just seemed odd, I assumed that all had a keyway

6 hours ago, councilman24 said:

I just got a 206RB-3 for $300 on table and motor. But in order to get that deal I had to take a 331k4 singer shuttle machine and a 111wsv77 for $100 each, on tables. And they threw in a Rimaldi 4 thread serger on table for free.  Hmm, four machines that were in use when turned off for $500.  I couldn't say no, even though 2 weeks later 3 of the tables are still on the trailer because I don't have any room in the house OR garage for them.

I'll have to read all the advice above.  Too late now.

Did we ever decide exactly what the 111w special variant 77 was?  I have a 111w151 and 155.  I guess I'll have to set them next to each other and see.

Now THAT is one hell of a deal!!

4 hours ago, dikman said:

:lol: Well done, councilman! Sounds like a real good deal to me. I had the same problem (still have, actually) regarding lack of room. My solution - dismantled my glasshouse, sold it (got more than I paid for it :)) and built a small shed in place of it for the sewing machines. Unfortunately, I ran out of room again and now have one in my garage.

As for the WSV77, after comparing parts in mine to the 111W15x manuals the best I can figure out is that it appears to be the same as a 111W153. It's definitely not a W155, but I'll be interested in your thoughts after comparing it to the W151.

Sounds like it’s time for a two story shed!

Well, color me impressed with the 206RB-2 it sewed through 3 layers of VEG TAN equaling 3/8 thick of veg tan. I don't think its the proper needle and definitely not the proper thread so I can't wait to get those and then give it a try :)

50YVxZ7.jpg

4TWqvqP.jpg

On 10/17/2018 at 9:11 AM, myjtp said:

Now THAT is one hell of a deal!!

Sounds like it’s time for a two story shed!

I'm building a shed to move things like generator, power washer, etc out if garage so I can fit more in there. Must be up to 15 on tables including 30 inch arm and 7 class, three tables still on the trailer, one 29-4 treadle stand, one 7 class table in storage while I work.on head, and my grandmothers old treadle home machine. Is there a 12 step program for us? Two have been for sale for 5 years, but only advertised on craigslist once 5 years ago ;)

Finally got the thread balanced right and tested it on some veg tan with hard lizard skin glued on top and that machine ate through it like butter! Now I just need to figure out the best edge coating to use and I’ll be off to the races!

dCvyy6e.jpg

imbeJ0A.jpg

Just installed a 6” pulley 1/2” Bore from grizzly and it fits perfectly and has two screws which will grip the shaft perfectly. Slows the machine down to the perfect speed for leather IMO. 45mm pulley installed on the servo motor the combo is excellent.

YEQIN Industrial Sewing Machine Clutch Motor 45mm Pulley Slow Speed Down Universal Fit (45mm) 
https://amzn.to/2q6qtQ7

Grizzly G5436 - Single V-Groove Pulley - 6" Pitch Dia., 1/2" Bore
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-Single-V-Groove-Pulley-6-Pitch-Dia-1-2-Bore/G5436

xKEZYgl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zqI8OgB.gifv

Edited by myjtp

Nice! The cast iron looks right at home on that machine

Alright finally got the proper length new belt and painted the new pulley to match the badge color of the consew logo background ( yup I’m weird ) now I’m waiting for my edge guide to come in and I’ll be off to the races!

1VuG44D.jpg

On 10/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, JLSleather said:

SOmebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that consew is a 135x16 needle, prolly range size from like 16 to 22 or 23.  Thread maybe size 42 to 138?  You STEALIN again ;)

Seriously, I owe ya a beer for NOT telling my wife about any of this.. she LOVES to buy stuff whether I need it or not!

Congrats!

I have some #25s I bought for mine(206-rb1) to sew biothane. I never could get 206 thread to work on mine, so I use 138 with a 23 needle. Have a hard time sewing with a #22 needle. But my machine has definitely been used hard for 40 years. 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:07 PM, myjtp said:

Just installed an edge guide and man that helps sooo much keeping the leather straight! 

5sEeewj.jpg

Oh yeah, edge guide is a god send, especially on long belts. I turn the speed up and mine actually sews better. It will sew very slow, but it prefers fast. 

Thanks for the more info on servos!

9 minutes ago, luxuryluke said:

Thanks for the more info on servos!

What ever are you talking about? This topic was about older Consew 206rb machines with clutch motors and large aftermarket pulleys on the top shafts.