wrz0170

Knipschield Round knife

Got a very pleasant surprise yesterday.   Took delivery of this beauty.  A Terry Knipschield round knife.   Texas Rosebud to be exact and this thing is scary sharp.   The surprise was my wait was about 3 weeks when I put my name on the waiting list.   I was settling in for the long haul of sometime next year!

It’s a little pricey, but this is definite quality in the steel and edge. I think it will be worth every penny.   Oh,the handle looks nice too  

William

F5461FC4-2850-45B3-A455-147E6E432F3F.jpeg

I have one of knipper's round knives. I use it mostly to "skive".

Terry also made two special knife blades for me. Above "TOP OF THE LINE."

FERG

5 hours ago, Ferg said:

I have one of knipper's round knives. I use it mostly to "skive".

Terry also made two special knife blades for me. Above "TOP OF THE LINE."

FERG

Nice!   For keeping your round sharp, did you follow his advice on the Brownell’s 555 Black?   At his recommendation, I have some on the way to use on a horse butt strop.   

That is awesome. Glad you got it so quick. It's gonna bring you years of cutting pleasure.

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

That is awesome. Glad you got it so quick. It's gonna bring you years of cutting pleasure.

It took me by surprise when I got Terry’s email that he finished the knife.  He seemed a little reluctant at first to add another name because he said he was several hundred knives in the hole.  As long as I understood that there would be a wait   Which would was fine with.   This is better though :)

He may have had someone drop off the list. I'm sure that it happens. 

Knife is ready and the person doesn't have the funds ready.

I have never put a stone to either of Terry's knives. I strop every time I pick them up and also several times while using.

There simply could not be a better knife available.

Ferg

I ordered a knife from Terry last December - hope my number will be coming up soon!

Gary

On 10/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, garypl said:

I ordered a knife from Terry last December - hope my number will be coming up soon!

Gary

Wow!   Almost a year.    If I may ask, which knife did you order?   For me, im thinking what Bikermutt said, someone backed out for my particular knife and I was probably next in line just for that knife.  

William 

On 10/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, garypl said:

Gary

I would check in with him, if you haven't been already. Any order I have placed, I always emailed him about every 40-45 days. 

I wasn't pushy, just checking in, know you're busy, etc etc.

I ordered a Pull Cut knife #1.  

Guess I should check in with Terry.

Not as long a wait as the two Randall #14 knives I ordered from Randall Knives in Orlando in June & September  2014 - I just received notice that the first one is scheduled for completion in November!  The wait is now up to 6 years for a new order.

Gary

I finally received my Knipschield Pull knife on Friday!  It is a beautiful knife and out of the box it slices through 10 oz skirting leather like butter!  I waited almost a year for it and I just asked Terry to put me on the list for a skiving knife and French knife.

Gary

AD1C8D1E-17C7-4B33-B53F-9121F7AEE081.jpeg

Beautiful! Congrats on the knife and being patient!

Lovely knife.

Made me look at the website... this could end up expensive!

Harry

Edited by hwinbermuda

19 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Beautiful! Congrats on the knife and being patient!

Thanks Munk - like an early Christmas!

9 minutes ago, hwinbermuda said:

Lovely knife.

Made me look at the website... this could end uop expensive!

Harry

Quality is normally not cheap, my philosophy is that if I am buying something for use one or two times, buy mid-range price.  Buying a tool that you plan to use steadily for years - buy the best you can afford....

31 minutes ago, garypl said:

Thanks Munk - like an early Christmas!

Quality is normally not cheap, my philosophy is that if I am buying something for use one or two times, buy mid-range price.  Buying a tool that you plan to use steadily for years - buy the best you can afford....

Fully agree to buy the best you can afford. In all things, it always pays off.

Enjoy your knife.

Harry

1 hour ago, garypl said:

I finally received my Knipschield Pull knife on Friday!  It is a beautiful knife and out of the box it slices through 10 oz skirting leather like butter!  I waited almost a year for it and I just asked Terry to put me on the list for a skiving knife and French knife.

Gary

AD1C8D1E-17C7-4B33-B53F-9121F7AEE081.jpeg

Now I don't feel as bad. I ordered two and we are getting close to the year mark. Never had asked for an anticipated turnaround time, but figured it would be a while. I had ordered that and a standard round knife. 

8 hours ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

Now I don't feel as bad. I ordered two and we are getting close to the year mark. Never had asked for an anticipated turnaround time, but figured it would be a while. I had ordered that and a standard round knife. 

I heard back from Terry and he says he put me on the order list, but it will take “a while” before he gets to my order.  That’s ok, it will give me something to look forward to in a year.  Hope you get your knives soon!

Gary

Gorgeous knife.