Cami

Any ideas where I could find this size of decorative Chicago screw? Or something similar?

Hi there,

I love the hardware on this old leather bag I have, but have not been able to find anything similar. Antique drawer pulls were too long, Chicago screws are too small. I'm looking for this size, about 15/16" across, to use as the closure to some new handbags. Any ideas of where I might find this or something similar? It seems like all hardware companies have the same stock.

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

Try asking the folks at Ohio Travel Bag if they can identify this for you. They have a LOT of specialty hardware.
Link here: <https://ohiotravelbag.com/contact.aspx>

Perhaps the Buckle Guy can locate this piece.
Link here: <https://www.buckleguy.com/contact-us/>

That’s a good idea. I’ve looked at their sites, but haven’t actually asked them if it’s something they can order.

2 hours ago, Cami said:

That’s a good idea. I’ve looked at their sites, but haven’t actually asked them if it’s something they can order.

If you find out, you will let us know, right? ;-)
I'm curious to know what this thing is called, too. 

Is this not a Sam Brown stud of some sort?

On a related point, does anyone know of a good UK supplier? I need some brass 4mm  Chicago screws, in the next day or two, and everywhere online is Dec 6 to Jan 27 delivery, that I can find.

I see to use a fittings and findings company in Manchester but old age has not helped in remembering their name.

Thanks Chris

Who'd have thunk it...

Brass joining screws, obviously,

There's me calling them Chicago screws, library posts, library screws etc, never heard  that name before.

Will call them tomorrow.

Best

Harry

Edited by hwinbermuda

@hwinbermuda Have you tried JT Bachelor in Dalston? Their website is positively... Spartan, no online sales, but they are happy to send orders from phone or emails. They have a pretty decent range of Chicago screws and SB studs. I'll be there in the morning actually -- if you want I can buy them for you and drop them in the post.

I also rather rate Hebar/Green Grizzly. Excellent range of similar fittings, reasonable prices, they are very upfront about which items are brass/non-brass, and usually a very quick service.

Thank you so much,

I do know of JTB, Matt, I first went there in 1983, from college, and was due to fro in last week, but was dragged to Millbank with my other hat on.

I would love them to up their online presence.

Can I personal message you ref tomorrow?

Best

Harry

Was the one in Manchester one Joseph Segal (Buckles Express)?

You can get Chicago screws and Sam Brownes from Green Grizzly

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Was the one in Manchester one Joseph Segal (Buckles Express)?

You can get Chicago screws and Sam Brownes from Green Grizzly

Nope, I recalled the name yesterday it was Fredk Aldous, but their sites don't have anywhere as much hardware as once they did.

But l will look up the others. Thank you.

Harry