That IS THICK!

Looks good:)

Sam

Wow nice and thick. Nice pattern and burnishing. Please tell me you used a drill and not an awl to punch ya stitching holes in

16 hours ago, noobleather said:

Wow nice and thick. Nice pattern and burnishing. Please tell me you used a drill and not an awl to punch ya stitching holes in

Set grove and hole placement. Took my time at drill press, being precise where holes were to be drilled and held firmly against table so they would be the same as the bit came through

well done, I appreciate you sharing the in process pics too. also in sharing that you did the stitching holes with the drill press. I have become interested in sheaths lately and it is nice to see how this was carried out.

What kind of bit did you use in the drill? I've detached the point from a scratch awl and used that before (with a dremel press), but the last time I tried, I wasn't happy with how big it made the holes. I like how compact and tidy yours are.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:51 PM, Gabriel Rasa said:

What kind of bit did you use in the drill? I've detached the point from a scratch awl and used that before (with a dremel press), but the last time I tried, I wasn't happy with how big it made the holes. I like how compact and tidy yours are.

A regular drill bit, I believe it was 3/32

Edited by Bawarrior
Added more info

Nice Job, looks really good!