Sign in to follow this  
Guest stealtharmy76

leather paint effect

Guest stealtharmy76

Hi

Could anybody tell me how to get this kind of dye\painting effect on leather???bped3l976wt11.png

It looks a bit like rag or sponge work. It might take bit of imagination and some testing to see what different textures you can get using different swipes or drags across the surface will leave.

As a suggestion, ball up different cloth, paper or plastic materials then dab, drag and swirl away.

Please post your results. I am sure lots of people would like to see what you can come up with.

I got an effect similar, but not as artistic, as that by accident. I dipped dyed a coffee cup wrap, then later dipped it into a bath of resolene. When I took it out I noticed that the resolene had made the dye run, even though it had been dry for 3 days. I wiped the surface of the wrap with a cloth to take off the excess resolene and in doing so it spread the dye around much like in the above photo

I have took a small dip pan, poured water in it, took 2 or 3 different colors of dye & poured  about the same amount of each in the water. Stirred good like you would paint & dipped the leather in it. It comes out like a tie dye. Hope this helps.