HappyHoof

Ferdco juki 2000

Hi there folks

Have the opportunity to purchase a Juki Ferdco 2000... Its a older model with little use.    The price is about the same as a new one or buying new cobra4.   I am wondering if you folks can tell me if the old version of this machine is some how better then the new one.     Hard to justify buying old if its the same machine...  Trying to buy my first one and wanting to make the right call on this.     

The older one has been upgraded to a servo motor.  

Any help would be great 

Thanks

Support should be the main question you ask, the new machine will have both support and spares available for many years, how much extra is that worth?

I would with no question purchase a new machine with similar capabilities to the Ferdco unless the price of the Ferdco wasn't substantially lower then a new machine. I would be thinking of warranty and the availability of support, parts, accessories and repairs.

kgg

Got a picture of the Ferdco? I understand that "back in the day" Ferdco was hotrodding genuine Juki 441s to make the 2000. If that's the case, assuming minimal wear and damage, its worth would probably exceed a new-out-the-box Cobra or other 441 clone. Parts would also be easily acquired and as to support, well you'd have to pony up for a skilled technician to fix anything you can't. Same as buying a used car.

Thanks for the advise.   Didnt think about the warranty part and support.    It says Juki.  Pro 2000 right on the front.   From what I have read is a 1993 model.  Many folks seem to love there cobra and cowboy etc....  Cant find a bunch of info on ferdco to place a value on it.    The machine runs well and was told it has sat in a closet most of its life and has a ton of accessories .   Not knowing much as I have never ran a cobra or other 441 clone.     Just a older Adler is all..    

The price is just a little under new cost.   Can you still get parts for the juki machines or would you be just buying clone parts.   is there a fit and finish to your final product that makes it worth it.     

Thanks

We have 2 of the Ferdco 2000 machines and parts are easy to find, we order everything thru leather machine co(cobra makers), as the machines are the same, just branded differently. Support is also the same, join facebook group :cobra tips and tricks: you'll find all the help you need there. 

I have a Ferdco 2000 and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

813DF2B8-B2B1-4703-80C9-78312FA2F9CD.jpeg

HI there

SO I worked out a price about $1300 lower then new price but after reading the manual this ferdco does not ship from the factory with feed dogs or plate.   Looked online and cannot find them.  You folks mentioned that the machines are basically the same as the cobra.   What about this special ferdco needle guide that they have.  Is the Cobra the same machine in that area..    I am not a facebook person so not sure how to look at the facebook site.    The other thing I noticed on the machine is that the outside presser feet do not move.. Just the middle one.....   Is there a material setup that would have the timing off this far.   The manual explains how to adjust this but wondering.     Have not made the purchase till I can be sure the parts are there.  No one local in my area.   Any recommendations would be great to call.

2 hours ago, HappyHoof said:

HI there

SO I worked out a price about $1300 lower then new price but after reading the manual this ferdco does not ship from the factory with feed dogs or plate.   Looked online and cannot find them.  You folks mentioned that the machines are basically the same as the cobra.   What about this special ferdco needle guide that they have.  Is the Cobra the same machine in that area..    I am not a facebook person so not sure how to look at the facebook site.    The other thing I noticed on the machine is that the outside presser feet do not move.. Just the middle one.....   Is there a material setup that would have the timing off this far.   The manual explains how to adjust this but wondering.     Have not made the purchase till I can be sure the parts are there.  No one local in my area.   Any recommendations would be great to call.

Call Leather Machine Company In California. (909) 930-5259 Ask them, they are the experts in this area. 

2 hours ago, HappyHoof said:

Thanks for the number and looks like they have the parts.   Thanks so much.   

One more question.... It seems that the ferdco 2000 new comes with no feed dogs.   Having just run a old Adler that was setup with feed dogs do most of you folks not run with feed dogs.  Seems like you might miss a hole on a back stitch with out the compound feed.    Any help would be great.  

21 hours ago, HappyHoof said:

Thanks for the number and looks like they have the parts.   Thanks so much.   

One more question.... It seems that the ferdco 2000 new comes with no feed dogs.   Having just run a old Adler that was setup with feed dogs do most of you folks not run with feed dogs.  Seems like you might miss a hole on a back stitch with out the compound feed.    Any help would be great.  

I run both of mine with feed dogs, dont see a reason why you wouldnt? I would just get one and put it in yourself, its super easy. 

HI there

Made the decision to buy the ferdco 2000.   The deal was good for my budget.   I got it home and setup for sewing and this is working great.   The one issue that I cannot seem to adjust is the presser feet.  When the needle is down I cannot pick up the pressor feet to turn my work.  If the needle is up no problem.... I have adjusted the banana bolt and its all the way in the up position but still the pressor feet only lift about 3/8 of a inch while needle is down and not enough to move my work.   If I take off the outside side cover and look into the side the presser feet will function normal.  When I put the cover on it does not work.   Seems like there is a interference from the cover.    Nothing in the manual about why this would be happening.  

Maybe this is how these machine are made.   The old Adler I ran did not have issues with this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

It looks like nobody has yet told you that Ferdco is long out of business. There is a sewing machine dealer in Chicago that bought some of their remaining stock. But, you probably won't find any authentic, official support for these machines. They modified the mechanisms on various Bull models and some parts were custom made by Ferdco.