I have been going to gun shows for just about a year now to sell custom holsters and gun leather.  I recently bought 2'x3' corrugated (horizontal ribs) signs to advertise my spot.  Aside from building a 25 piece PVC frame and spending 2-3 hrs setting up, is there a simple sign system that can be made to post signs, overhead, for attendees to see.  I know this isn't leather-specific, but I know some of you have gone to a lot of shows and have seen better stuff than I have.

I currently have 2 or 3 great regular customers, but would like to get more.  I'm thinking being able to be found (again) may have something to do with it.

Try attaching a couple of 3’ pieces of 1.25” PVC to your table legs using hose clamps or even duct tape, slide 3/4” PVC pieces with “L” fittings at the top inside them, another piece of 3/4” PVC cut to fit between the L’s and you have a simple 3 piece frame from which to hang your sign.  If the 3/4” PVC flexes too much, slip some dowel rod inside to stiffen it.

Never actually tried this, but just thought it up and it seems it should work!

Gary

Might be quicker 'n' easier, drill a hole in teh table near a corner , the size of the pvc pipe.  Put the sign on top of the pipe, and shove the bottom of teh pipe in the hole like a patio unbrella

Lets go over that again. 2" OR SO PVC pipe, about 6' long.  Notch the end to fit teh sign (hacksaw, drill, whatever.  Hole saw on teh table at 2" or 2 1/8".  When ya git ta the show, put the sign on the "pole, shove the "pole" in da hole, carry on ...

Edited by JLSleather

We don't own the tables,and I may not be allowed back if I do that.  I did figure the problem out.  2pcs of 1/2" pvc, 5' long (10' cut in half).  2 Dewalt 6" speed clamps.  Velcro!  I Velcro the edges of the signs to each side of the PVC. Tension between the clamps is key, meaning, set them a couple inches further than the sign to keep them from rattling.  If I install them at and angle, I should have 360* viewability.  I'll post pictures after the show!

Thanks, guys!

OH SHOOT.. you said "set up" I thought you were including tables :blush:  Too bad they aint some commercially available rig you could weight teh bottom of a pole. Like one them thingies for patio umbrellas.  But, how did you decide on the type of sign to make before deciding on how to display it?

We made a rack that we clamp to the tables. The wire is grid wall. A 3 inch wide board with a 1/4 groove in it for the grid wall to seat into. Small clamps hold the grid wall and board to the tables. I am setting up a slide program that will run company name, product photos, shop work photos. Flat screen monitors are fairly inexpensive, especially used ones. Most of the spaces we set up in are 8x8 or 10x10  U-shaped booths a monitor on each end table at head high will scroll your photo gallery and company name. A 30 inch high table height and 48 inch grid wall height puts the monitor above most heads. Also a six foot long by 30 inch wide tabletop gives you 15 sq foot of display space. Add to that  two 18"inch deep x 48" high end panels and a 6' wide x 48" tall  back panel and you turn the 15 foot table top into 51 square foot of display space for the same entry fee. The vertical part of which is more visible from a distance.

Plus makes a very good impression.   

I am not to the launch point yet. But I have seen competitors make it work for some time now. 

Depending on your budget small programmable signs can be had from many sources for not a lot of bucks. 

Good luck

Thanks for the input ... so here's my solution.  (2) 1/2"x5' pvc, (2) C-Clamps, (2) signs made at the UPS Store and velcro.  It was easy to put up and not a bear to carry in/out.  Sorry for the busy photo, but it worked pretty well, and even gave me some other display options.  Thanks again.

IMG_20181110_132124783_HDR.jpg

I like it.