ComputerDoctor

A Cobra got me today!

Well, finally I bought my first HD Leather sewing machine today!

I got the Cobra Class 3 'Premium package' @ Springfield Leather Company, in Springfield, Missouri, a nice 70 mile drive from my home:)

As usual, my experience there was first class and my Sales associate, Mike walked me through just about everything from nuts to bolts, assembly, disassembly, threading, sewing and the whole Tamale:) He spent maybe 2 hours with me and I sure appreciated it.

I even got to meet the FAMOUS Kevin, the YouTube movie star and he's as nice in person as can be! He even waited on me and sold me some more stuff that I needed.

Although I don't make a lot of product as I do leather more as a hobby right now, I sure look forward to a lot less hand sewing:)

Thanks SLC :)

Sam Porter

Nice!

You should be able to get some medical  help for that... 

:lol:

Sweet! I think you'll love the machine. 

I envy you living so close to SLC. I'm 4.5 hours away. But, that's probably a good thing for my wallet :)

Cool, congrats on your cool new machine!

Thanks everybody! I just finished mounting the head unit, thread stand,fitting the belt, etc-etc.

I can see that all of my scrap will get a workout, just so I won't ruin my good work pieces.

Sam:)

Good luck on your new journey!

I got a phone call from our  local courier saying that my machine had arrived from Queensland at his depot ..." would I like to pick it up ? " 

" WTF ??? It weighs a ton and besides, I paid  for delivery to my house, not your  *&^%$ depot !!! " 

It  finally arrived on the back of a ute  to my house ( very Aussie)  and took 3 of us ( including the unhappy   courier) to off load it.  But I had to work the rest out for myself. Opening the wooden crate was a challenge in itself :) The wood came in handy though  to make some shelves :)  I was on my own after that. 

But Computer Doctor,  I do appreciate the anticipation and enjoyment of receiving a new toy, like Christmas :) 

I do hope it gives you  many years of service and enjoyment :thumbsup:

HS 

Thanks HS, so far-so good:)

I fitted the edge guide tool today and it made it very easy to sew a straight line!

A straight line is still relatively easy without the edge guide at slow speeds.

Starting where and when I want to and finishing right where I want to is a challenge but practice makes perfect.

90 degree turns take some time to learn.

Curves and ellipses are very easy.

Threading the Bobbin and the 'needle' must be done very precisely so take your time.

Take care!

Sam

21 hours ago, ComputerDoctor said:

Thanks HS, so far-so good:)

I fitted the edge guide tool today and it made it very easy to sew a straight line!

A straight line is still relatively easy without the edge guide at slow speeds.

Starting where and when I want to and finishing right where I want to is a challenge but practice makes perfect.

90 degree turns take some time to learn.

Curves and ellipses are very easy.

Threading the Bobbin and the 'needle' must be done very precisely so take your time.

Take care!

Sam

Sam this is really great to hear! I will go tell Mike the kind words.

Also, feel free to call in with any questions or problems you come up with. We will help you get through them to the best of our ability!