JLSleather

WHO got the stuff?

On 10/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, TonySFLDLTHR said:

Well luckily it is fixed. I can't think of why it would do that, because we don't lock our items to those who are only logged in. Thank you for pointing out so that we could look and see if it was on our end. It is much easier to fix problems when we know what they are.

See the preceding post. Perhaps he has something there, thanks.  The problem still happens to me EVERY time I go to SLC...and ONLY SLC. Please fix this, its aggravating.

Me too. If I clear my cookies and don't log in, I don't have any issues, suggesting that this isn't visible to Pat D. User who doesn't have an account. I've noted that session expiration when I do log in is ridiculously short, so if I'm idle for ~30 minutes it'll log me right back out again.

Tagging @TonySFLDLTHR in case he isn't watching this thread.

Hey Guys,

I have been looking into this and I am not able to make this happen for me. I have use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge

Can you tell me what browser you are using and does it just take you to a blank page or where does it send you?

Are you logged in to your account when this happens?

fyi its not happening with me. All SLC links go to an Oxford leather and stay there, no redirecting to any log in page

I'm using Chrome and Windows 7 Home Premium

4 hours ago, TonySFLDLTHR said:

Hey Guys,

I have been looking into this and I am not able to make this happen for me. I have use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge

Can you tell me what browser you are using and does it just take you to a blank page or where does it send you?

wassap Tony.

Do you want a short video of how it looks like? 

Edited by nrk
miswording

Just reproduced in FF 67.0.4 and Chromium 75.0.3770.100 on openSUSE Tumbleweed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Clear cookies for a nice clean slate.
  2. Visit https://www.springfieldleather.com and observe that you are not logged in.
  3. Log in.
  4. Open up a product page. I think sitting at the homepage would have the same effect.
  5. Wait >30 minutes. I don't think it matters whether I leave the tab open or closed; I left mine open.
  6. Close the tab, and open a new tab going to https://www.springfieldleather.com .
  7. Observe that you are redirected to the login page under https://checkout.springfieldleather.com .
  8. Observe that the top right still displays your name ("Welcome Heather") and the number of items in your cart.

I have also seen this happen if I have been idle for a while, and try to open a new product page. I can usually open a category and see the product listing, but when I try to visit the page itself it redirects me to the login page.

Curiously, after a redirect event I pick up a full set of cookies for both checkout.springfieldleather.com and www.springfieldleather.com , including a duplicate JSESSIONID. I seem to remember noting that JSESSIONID for www.springfieldleather.com changed right before the redirect, but I was not looking for that specifically at the time. JSESSIONID is different between checkout and www.

19 hours ago, TonySFLDLTHR said:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for trying to chase this problem down.  I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC. 

Update: I deleted the computers cookies, history and cache and the problem seems fixed. I logged into SLC and after login was directed to my personal account page and from there I went to home page. I then logged out. I went back to the SLC site a short time later and landed on the home page and it stayed there without the troublesome redirection to login. So far so good.

Edited by TonyRV2
Update

3 hours ago, TonyRV2 said:

Thanks for trying to chase this problem down.  I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC. 

Update: I deleted the computers cookies, history and cache and the problem seems fixed. I logged into SLC and after login was directed to my personal account page and from there I went to home page. I then logged out. I went back to the SLC site a short time later and landed on the home page and it stayed there without the troublesome redirection to login. So far so good.

Update 2!!  3 hours ago I thought I had the problem solved by clearing history, cache and cookies, but NOOOOOOooooooOOO.  Just went back to the SLC site and if did the same damned thing...redirected me to the loggin page. Obviously this has something to do with the cookie that SLC is dropping and/or in conjuntion with the browser, which in my case is Chrome on a Windows 10 PC...Very frustrating. 

Looks like they definitely got issues today.  Auto reverts to the log-in page, but some issue with SSL?  ONE MORE reason not to require a log-in when not necessary... as of today, guy wouldn't be able to view products on the web site and even CALL IN an order (assuming they can even fill one on THEIR computers)

We are on it....I am not sure what the hell the deal is.

Trying to get both problems resolved as we speak. I am just as annoyed as everyone else. If you need to call in your order that may be the best option until resolved. Orders will be taken on the backend site in these cases.

I am also linking our support to this page so they can also see all the issues you guys have expressed.

UGH!!!

Maybe post the number to order for the folk who don't have it and can't see it on the site...

1 (800) 668-8518

1 minute ago, JLSleather said:

Maybe post the number to order for the folk who don't have it and can't see it on the site...

1 (800) 668-8518

JLS Thanks....juggling many balls at the moment.

Why order online? When I do it usually takes a week before I get my email saying my order has been filled. Then the shipping time which is usually 3 days. So that’s 10 days. 

Just use the site for reference to place a phone call. Much faster! Ashley I believe is her name. That girl get your order taken and collected faster than McDonald’s can tell ya their ice cream machine is down. Just my two cents but then again I ain’t no big time saddle maker nor do I make 1000 orders. 

No matter how I place my orders on SLC I usually don't get my items delivered for over a week last order I placed on the phone on Tuesday morning and it didn't ship out till Monday afternoon