Great job. Mine is still in the planning stage.

Just one suggestion ... with your backgrounding. Try to mix up the placement of the stamp, so you don't end up with corn-rows of the stamp impression.

31 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

Great job. Mine is still in the planning stage.

Just one suggestion ... with your backgrounding. Try to mix up the placement of the stamp, so you don't end up with corn-rows of the stamp impression.

Yeah I noticed that as well, I am going to have to play with the bargrounder more. It's a difficult tool and I love it!

Okay what am I looking at when I see the inside of the pad? Is that the flesh side of the leather that's so very white? I think it would look better if you dyed it to more or less match the rest of the inside.

Also, the pad clip should be centered and on the other side of the pad, so any paper you clip to it doesn't block access to the card holder.

I have several commercially made padfolios and the  pad is ALWAYS on the right side, and so is the clip if there is one.

Also, having it on the right will prevent the rivets from the clip eventually marring your lovely carving and stamping!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

4 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Okay what am I looking at when I see the inside of the pad? Is that the flesh side of the leather that's so very white? I think it would look better if you dyed it to more or less match the rest of the inside.

Also, the pad clip should be centered and on the other side of the pad, so any paper you clip to it doesn't block access to the card holder.

I have several commercially made padfolios and the  pad is ALWAYS on the right side, and so is the clip if there is one.

Also, having it on the right will prevent the rivets from the clip eventually marring your lovely carving and stamping!

Yes the white is flesh side, it is actually a preference of mine and since this is for personal use I decided to leave it natural. Normally I do spray dye the flesh.

My first thoughts were to place everything as it would have been in a usual padfolio but this position would give me quick access to everything I use at work. The note pad does slip in from the top on right side, then the clip will hold driver paperwork which is normally only 6x5 which still leaves access to my pocket that is actually oversized to allow for holding a pocket calculator.

The rivets were set in a position to where if I do fold it won't land on tooling but on excess border.

Okay, gotcha! 

You obviously put a lot of thought into this! :lol:

4 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Okay, gotcha! 

You obviously put a lot of thought into this! :lol:

Yes, lots off thought to make it serve a personal purpose. I do think that if it was not for my own use and something to sell I would have made it in a more traditional way. I probably would have left the clip off and added a few more pockets to accommodate businesse cards and maybe a pen loop. I didn't put one on mine since unless I always care a pen and pocket book anyway.

Beautiful work ! Wow !  The red thread really makes a nice contrast.   I have a question - Have you seen anyone or have you done anything non traditional Sheridan style ? I've been wanting to see some examples...  Thanks 

Craig

13 minutes ago, texasnewf said:

Beautiful work ! Wow !  The red thread really makes a nice contrast.   I have a question - Have you seen anyone or have you done anything non traditional Sheridan style ? I've been wanting to see some examples...  Thanks 

Craig

Thank you!  I have not done anything outside of the Sheridan style yet, but I am about to start something soon. Once I have something I will tag you in it.

You did a really nice job on this.  Very cool.

Really nice work!

So, your starting an online shop? I have been mulling the idea over for quite awhile. Is it or rather, will it be an etsy shop? Or going with your own thing all the way?

Etsy has me worried for some reason. And I do NOT want to carry "STOCK" as I'd rather do the custom one of a kind thing. Anyhow, The Padfolio looks awesome.

Best of luck,

Rusty

@rustyj58 I am going my own route with it. Currently in design for the website right now. I will have some mass run items as to work on bringing in a flow of income to keep margin steady but also do the one off requests. I think having multiple mass run small items is important because it can provide well. One order a month for $200 is nice but 100 orders added on of $5 keychains is able to pay overhead maintenance cost of the website, the electric at shop, phone bill, internet and still leave some for plenty of supplies to keep running. Plus I am going to try and offer something in all price ranges from the $5 keychain on up

Thanks, That makes lots of sense.

Gorgeous work.