YinTx

Working hard this week... wish me luck!

Worked hard all week making a few items.  Doing my first show this weekend, made some wallets and some slings. 

Didn't all come out like I had hoped, the basket stamp went a bit wonky on the one, colors not what I expected.. but sellable?

Will also sell some odds and ends I've made in the past.  Wish me luck!

YinTx

slings.thumb.jpg.0b6ac9d3cfdbfacb73ebf53e22716a69.jpg

slings2LoRes.thumb.jpeg.972728f7511b14218e2fbdfdc0b430e6.jpeg

Absolutely sellable.  Good luck at the show!

Great job. Good luck.

Good luck at the show.

Successful sales and good luck!

We have a saying: every merchandise has it's buyer. In other words do not overthink it, it will surely find a new home ;-)

11 hours ago, YinTx said:

Worked hard all week making a few items.  Doing my first show this weekend, made some wallets and some slings. 

Didn't all come out like I had hoped, the basket stamp went a bit wonky on the one, colors not what I expected.. but sellable?

Will also sell some odds and ends I've made in the past.  Wish me luck!

YinTx

Luck, eh, great luck! Although with products like that, you can bank some of that luck for a rainy day because the products will sell themselves...

very nice, i wish you the best at the sale.

Just finished setting up the table, didn't remember to get a photo, will try to first thing in the morning when the show opens.  Thanks all for the well wishes!

YinTx

Best of luck Yin!

If they don't sell it won't be because of your workmanship.

Good luck at the sale!

They will definitely sell!

Good job!

Thank you all for the well wishes.  Day one over.  Big goose egg.  Apparently $65 for a real leather rifle sling is too steep?  

Better luck tomorrow!

YinTx

Oh yeah, the table... as you can see something for every price range from $5 to $350

TableLoRes.thumb.jpg.d1cb56b6f95f7e820816f828317ca3b4.jpg

Made this along with the rifle slings to add to the lineup...

WalletsLoRes.thumb.jpg.56023c09fb4f9812b5efc6caac2783d8.jpg

Yin, I noticed you have a cash only sign on your table.  This might be part of the reason your sales didn’t go well.  Seems a lot of people nowadays carry very little cash with them - everything paid for with credit or debit cards.  If you have a smart phone, you can get the small card readers that plug into your phone - might be worth trying even though you will have to pay @3% card fees.

Gary

Yeah, some folks don't do cash -- tough to find me with more than coffee money most days.  PayPal will give you a free card reader, and they certainly arent' the only one.

They got some empty tables in the back.. was it not filled up with vendors? 

And, did you get the phone number of that girl at the table next to yours? :o

The last antique sale my family and I walked thru every vendor we talked to had one.  We didn't mind paying the 3% over cash price when we bought from them.

41 minutes ago, garypl said:

Yin, I noticed you have a cash only sign on your table.

Had expected that might influence things, but there was an ATM 10 feet away if anyone was truly interested.  A lot of the vendors here were dealing in cash, and the ones near me assured me that it wouldn't affect my sales.  I figured if there was enough interest in my items, I'd get a card reader in the future.  This is a small show, so maybe 40 people walked through by the end of the day. They'd look at my stuff, say how nice it was, then panic when they saw a price tag!  The things that sold were all $5-$20 items, of which I had none.  So, tonight I put these together with some of my "prototype" veg tan leather.  Coated in my neatsfoot oil/beeswax mixture, trimmed and punched, day planners and note books ready to go.  $12, $12 and $20, going to test out the other end of the pricing spectrum.  What do you think?

NoteBookCoversLoRes.thumb.jpg.5dd08564ed52bdf5b0a02e1521683f6c.jpg

4 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Yeah, some folks don't do cash -- tough to find me with more than coffee money most days.  PayPal will give you a free card reader, and they certainly arent' the only one.

They got some empty tables in the back.. was it not filled up with vendors? 

And, did you get the phone number of that girl at the table next to yours? :o

Understood, and expected as much.  Will eventually do a card reader, but wanted to test the waters first.  All the tables were full, this was early morning during set up time.

Avoided that other trouble, btw. :)

YinTx

Yin your stuff looks good. Sometimes folks don’t realize what it takes and what leather products costs. They think a good wallet will be 10 or 15 bucks. If I were you I wouldn’t worry it about too much. Keep your head high. You do some amazing work!

The average person has no idea of the difference between a mass produced leather item from China and a handmade leather item from your workshop.

Your items are well worth the price point you have described, but 40 people per day? That is not many. The odds of one person in 40 looking to buy quality leather goods is a pretty remote possibility. You need a market with 80 - 100 people per hour checking out your quality goods.

Weeeeel, it seems yesterday was day one of hunting season for Turkey, Duck, Goose and DEER here in South Texas, so of course no one showed up to the GUN Show!

:gun:

'Splains a lot, I think.  However, I did see one seller moving holsters like hotcakes for $85-$200 each to the folks that did come.

Second day was a bit better, sold 3 items - 1 card holder, a small ladies purse, and a mystery braid bracelet.  Managed to pay for the table space and the gas to get there. :)

I think maybe another 100 folks meandered in during the day.

YinTx