IN a couple of days, I paid money for merhandise to SLC (hey Shelby!), Toledo Ind Sewing (wazup Bob!), Intl Die (morning Sandy!), and wayer (from here).  Didn't need my date of birth for any of it. :blink:

They had something I wanted.  They are in the habit of providing it.  Sounds like a win, win .... right?

Hey JLS

I am still with you on this...

In Europe GDPR regulations stpulate what can and cannot be collected, it's a pain, but we can request to be forgotten.

No one but my tailor needs my inside leg measurement! I know its an overstatement but there must be boundaries.

H

Yep, NONE these folks gittin rich and retirin' on what I spent this week, but it IS their business, just makes sense to allow people to access it.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:51 AM, JLSleather said:

Got asked to "check out" a fakebook page, buyin/sellin/swappin things for leather. 

But apparently, can't get to that page from a business page, I guess only personal account?  Yeah, okay -- create a personal account.  No, you really DON"T need to know my date of birth to sell me leather tools, but ... fine, create personal account.

But apparently can't see the "conversation" until you join the group.  So, you're joining a group you don't know what it's about.  Now that you've provided your full name and date of birth.  None of which has anything to do with selling me leather equipment.

So, fine - join the group.  And get a note saying you're "pending" ...

:rofl:  Some people just OUT OF CONTROL arrogant.  WTH exactly do these people think they are?@!  Hey, you DON"T wanna sell / swap your stuff, just keep doing what you're doing.  

And the "cobra machine" group, same thing.  And some "artisan digital poo" thing, same thing.  Wow -- I guess if nobody tells you you're "special", gotta say it yourself?@!  Thanks anyway, folks... that's like a store stocking the shelves, then requiring ID at the door :rofl:  You can keep it, then ...

Hey bud,,,

first problem, FAKEBOOK!

second

well pretty much thats the problem, 

your good, you already know LOTS AND LOTS of good reputable folks, just stick with them!

just my .2768 cents