chrisash

Can anyone recognise the model please

It's like a Singer 331K4 which is like a 31-15 only this one has reverse.

Hi Bob

Are they any good for leather, looking at the walking foot main drive bar does it look slightly bent or is it just a cover, owner says it turns over fine

They sew the same as a 31-15 you can search here for more info about them.I see it sold did you get it?

Unfortunatly no I was asking the person for info and it was booked to run until late on the 10th but he must have closed early after the first offer, what a a**hole

You didn't miss out on much.  I have worked on the neighbors 31-15 and while its a good machine for cloth which I believe it is meant for ( sews through heavy denim )  it is near useless for leather it will not feed it because it is only bottom feed.  If it does feed it by the time you go a few inches the bottom leather is stretched so when you get to the end the bottom is longer then the top.

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

Unfortunatly no I was asking the person for info and it was booked to run until late on the 10th but he must have closed early after the first offer, what a a**hole

Unfortunatly this machine hadwalking foot, so may well of done my sort of work with no heavy duty leather. still maybe something else wrong with it that would make it expensive to repair, then table and servo all adds up

10 minutes ago, chrisash said:

Unfortunatly this machine hadwalking foot, so may well of done my sort of work with no heavy duty leather. still maybe something else wrong with it that would make it expensive to repair, then table and servo all adds up

No,it does not have a walking foot ,just a lower feed dog that pulls the leather.

13 hours ago, chrisash said:

Click on the above link and look at the photos in the original listing. This was definitely a walking foot machine. It has a presser bar, alternating foot bar and needle bar, plus a walking foot mechanism on the back. The feed dog is a wide single row, sitting under the narrow inside foot. The name sticker says Consew, but is not an official decal.

2 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The name sticker says Consew, but is not an official decal.

More like a "Cantsew".  :lol:

It was strange that it aparently had no model number or serial number according to the owner

Well, it was a slightly strange looking machine and the label, as Wiz said, definitely isn't a Consew one. The ad said "for parts", although what they might fit is anybody's guess. I certainly wouldn't want to pay much for something like that, could be a good thing that you missed out.

Without looking at it in person who knows how well it was made - obviously not a consew.  If it seemed well made then it’s something I’d pick up to go with my fake 31-15 lol

well a triple feed machine that takes Singer 111 feet and 7mm stitch length (see knob) for 30 bucks is not too bad - if it is running.

Looks a little bit like a 206R - or not? Maybe it is a NECCHI or so.. never seen this before.

Edited by Constabulary