seikostew

seiko LSW-8BL with servo and sync

hi everyone,new here :) I just installed the ho hsing G60 servo with needle sync on my seiko and thought I would share a couple of install pics and a video to help others.

The bolts supplied with the synchronizer dont fit but I was able to find something suitable easily enough,I then drilled through the belt cover to mount the support bar.

I also had to get a shorter belt,around 970mm should work.

I am immensely impressed with the setup,set to the slowest speed it is amazing and the needle synch works perfectly,my only tiny criticism is there is no output for a light but gives me an excuse to upgrade to decent LED lighting I guess :) I would thoroughly recommend this kit.

vid-

20181109_122354-980x2016.jpg

20181109_123249-980x2016.jpg

Edited by seikostew

Hi, I know this post is a bit old, but I have the same sewing machine and have the same problem that my syncronizer head bolt doesn't match the fittings to the Seiko. Would you mind telling me how you sorted it out, can't really see on the photo. The bolts with the syncronizer are too large, and a smaller bolt that fits the Seiko, is too small for the fitting on the Sync. Would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks.

3 hours ago, ConradPark said:

Hi, I know this post is a bit old, but I have the same sewing machine and have the same problem that my syncronizer head bolt doesn't match the fittings to the Seiko. Would you mind telling me how you sorted it out, can't really see on the photo. The bolts with the syncronizer are too large, and a smaller bolt that fits the Seiko, is too small for the fitting on the Sync. Would appreciate all the help I can get, thanks.

What motor/synchroniser do you have, and what exactly is the fit problem with the Seiko and the synch? Normally the synchroniser kit comes with one or two screws to replace the one the machine came with (but longer, to compensate for the thickness of the boss). Of course not all fit because different manufacturers and models use different thread sizes. You say that the original screw that came with the Seiko is too small. Do you mean that it's not long enough to grab the threads inside the top shaft, or that it's too small a diameter and therefore loose in the bore of the boss?

It's not unusual to have to acquire a new screw, or to modify the existing screws or sometimes the adaptor boss, to get a machine and synchroniser to play nice but you can usually find some off-the-shelf screw that does the job. Luckily Seiko is very open about thread sizes etc. so it's easy to look up what you need for a particular job.