Autumn has come, winter will come soon - and with them the problem has returned.
Solvent-based adhesives are good, but they stink horribly and you need to work with them in a ventilated room. In the warm season it does not cause any problems. In winter, airing at a temperature minus 20-25 degree Celsius is a very expensive pleasure in terms of energy consumption.
Is there a non-solvent based glue that provides a strong, long-lasting, water-resistant and elastic adhesive joint?
Or is it fantastic? :)

Reina make a series of latex based glues that are very popular and strong.  Aquilim and a few others.  I also really liked the water based glue that Tandy sells.  Cant remember the name of it, but its very good.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/ecoweld-water-based-contact-adhesive

21 minutes ago, immiketoo said:

Reina make a series of latex based glues that are very popular and strong.  Aquilim and a few others.  I also really liked the water based glue that Tandy sells.  Cant remember the name of it, but its very good.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/ecoweld-water-based-contact-adhesive

Thank you, Mike!

I decided to try out the Renia 315 recently for some of the same reasons. My major concern was using a latex based glue when making items that I wet mold such as holsters. 

So far I am very pleased with the results, the Renia 315 has worked well.

One thing to keep in mind when using it is that it takes very little adhesive to go a long way. Make sure you follow the directions for use and allow the adhesive to set before joining pieces. You get plenty of work time and can make adjustments as necessary.

There are a few vendors in the US that carry the Renia products, I bought mine from Lisa Sorrell when I was in Wichita Falls for the Boot and Saddle Makers Show in October. Her web site is as follows

https://sorrellnotionsandfindings.com/

Renia has several products so make sure you get the proper one for your needs.

36 minutes ago, Ed in Tx said:

There are a few vendors in the US that carry the Renia products, I bought mine from Lisa Sorrell when I was in Wichita Falls for the Boot and Saddle Makers Show in October. Her web site is as follows

https://sorrellnotionsandfindings.com/

Renia has several products so make sure you get the proper one for your needs.

53 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Thanks! I looked at the possibility of acquiring Aquilim (Renia), EcoWeld and HALLER Hirschkleber in Ukraine. It turned out that only HALLER Hirschkleber is proposed from local suppliers. Considering that there is a warning “Do not freeze” for all these adhesives, I’m afraid to take risks and order international delivery - we already have temperatures below 0 at night.

I have been using Weldwood brand nonflammable contact cement for years. It works great, no smell and I get it at the local hardware store. The can has a green label.

8 hours ago, ABHandmade said:

Thanks! I looked at the possibility of acquiring Aquilim (Renia), EcoWeld and HALLER Hirschkleber in Ukraine. It turned out that only HALLER Hirschkleber is proposed from local suppliers. Considering that there is a warning “Do not freeze” for all these adhesives, I’m afraid to take risks and order international delivery - we already have temperatures below 0 at night.

You should be able to find something like weldwood at your local hardware or wood work supply shop.  I understand about the freezing part, and it would suck to order and have useless glue.  Try local first.  You can also use white glue like elmers, but the other formulations (Weldwood etc) are better.

6 hours ago, buzzardbait said:

I have been using Weldwood brand nonflammable contact cement for years. It works great, no smell and I get it at the local hardware store. The can has a green label.

1 hour ago, immiketoo said:

You should be able to find something like weldwood at your local hardware or wood work supply shop.  I understand about the freezing part, and it would suck to order and have useless glue.  Try local first.  You can also use white glue like elmers, but the other formulations (Weldwood etc) are better.

I found such adhesive - Ecosar 116 (Kenda Farben, Italy) from a local supplier.
Water based synthetic latex. It is very likely that this is an analogue of what was proposed here (once again, many thanks to everyone!).
I will try and, if it is of interest, I will inform you of the impressions.

Excellent.  Looking forward to hearing your reviews.

One minor point, Renia Aquilim 315 is neoprene based rather than latex. I can get latex glues pretty cheaply but use Renia 315 in preference in case any of my products come into contact with people you who are allergic to latex.

10 hours ago, Matt S said:

One minor point, Renia Aquilim 315 is neoprene based rather than latex. I can get latex glues pretty cheaply but use Renia 315 in preference in case any of my products come into contact with people you who are allergic to latex.

In several sources I met the following:
"Unlike natural latex rubber, synthetic rubber is made from petroleum products and does not contain allergenic latex proteins."

But I'm in this issue a complete ignoramus.

48 minutes ago, ABHandmade said:

In several sources I met the following:
"Unlike natural latex rubber, synthetic rubber is made from petroleum products and does not contain allergenic latex proteins."

But I'm in this issue a complete ignoramus.

I don't know for certain if latex glues like we might use in leatherwork use natural latex or a similar synthetic substance. I'd be curious to find out. However I do know that it doesn't take a lot of latex for an allergic person to have a reaction so I'd rather not take that risk.

LeatherWeld from Tandy has worked great for me.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:37 PM, ABHandmade said:

This is really no joke.  The Renia representative would not send me samples by post during winter...If you want Renia buy now or wait until spring

Additionally, 315 should be spread thinly and in my experience allowed to dry for atleast half an hour, otherwise it clogged up my needle...

Alex

17 minutes ago, alexitbe said:

This is really no joke.  The Renia representative would not send me samples by post during winter...If you want Renia buy now or wait until spring

Additionally, 315 should be spread thinly and in my experience allowed to dry for atleast half an hour, otherwise it clogged up my needle...

Alex

We have winter has come: (

IMG_20181114_104526.jpg
An hour ago, I got EcoSAR 116 at the post office. I really hope that it not subjected to freezing in delivery time. In the evening I will try it and share my impressions.

Adhesive was obtained and tested. He did not freeze on delivery - Hurray!
So, the exact name EcoSAR MW 116 NG. This modification contains additives that prevent the glue layer from yellowing when exposed to sunlight. Special thanks to my supplier for this - I at first ordered the glue without this option.
Impressions of first use:
1. It does not stink !!! :)
2. Liquid and perfectly applied as very thin and even layer.
3. Corollary to p. 2 - an edge is perfectly burnished and almost imperceptible.
4. The time after application and until the parts are joined is 10 minutes.
5. The strength of glue seam is comparable to the seam, which gives the solvent-based glue.
6. The glue seam is elastic.
I'm happy! :)
Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions and advice that helped me find a solution to the problem!

Edited by ABHandmade

Hi, nice to read your adhesive test report. Thank you.
Do you have any feed back on EcoSAR MW 116 NG  rubber to leather?
Regards Con

57 minutes ago, Con said:

Hi, nice to read your adhesive test report. Thank you.
Do you have any feed back on EcoSAR MW 116 NG  rubber to leather?
Regards Con

In general, everything matches my first test from November 14, 2018. The only thing that was noticed was that after the jar was opened after some time, EcoSAR MW 116 NG became not white, but grayish. However, the remaining properties have not changed (it not stink, high strength of glue seam, elastic). There were no complaints about finished products either. So I can recommend :)

Edited by ABHandmade

Hi ABHandmade, " (it not stink, high strength of glue seam, elastic) " and holds leather to rubber = xlnt. Regards con