wydfuqnopn

consew 205rb-5. installing the 50mm pulley for the servo motor

i feel like I am in the twilight zone. when I took off the simple nut and the lockwasher washer kind of thing, the consew 50 mm pulley didn't fit on the machine. I took a picture of the way it was before I touched it for reference and the when I revoved the wheel, there were only 3 things. the new wheel is maybe a sixteenth thicker than the 55mm. couldn't fit on the new one so tried to re-install the original and ot it is like the shaft shortened. before and after and there is no way to get the nut on it even with the original on it....I am trippin 

first picture is before  I touched it. second picture is with the original wheel back on it and same hardware. 2nd picture the wheel is against the servo motor housing and I don't think it will turn 

20181112_154906  resize.jpg

20181112_160633 resize.jpg

Edited by wydfuqnopn

Put the pulley on the other way?

Yep. The side with two flats on it for a wrench goes inbound toward the motor. If it becomes stupid hard to get a standard adjustable wrench on it so you can torque the locking nut on, it's on correctly.

:)

Is the motor shaft keyed? If so, make sure you line up the key slot in the original pulley with the key. If the new pulley lacks a key slot it won't go on unless the key is removed.

7 hours ago, R8R said:

If it becomes stupid hard to get a standard adjustable wrench on it so you can torque the locking nut on, it's on correctly.

:)

I soon found that none of my spanners would fit in the gap (!!) so I had a thin flat spanner from who-knows-where and I filed out the "jaws" to fit the flats on the pulley. I have used it many times since.:)

I agree with the others, I install the pulley so the raised "hub" faces the motor.  The best tool I have found for the job is an impact driver and socket.  It makes short work of removing the old pulley and installing the new one.  Just make sure to wear gloves to save your hands.    

7 hours ago, dikman said:

I soon found that none of my spanners would fit in the gap (!!) so I had a thin flat spanner from who-knows-where and I filed out the "jaws" to fit the flats on the pulley. I have used it many times since.:)

On most motors, I can squeeze a wrench on it if I temporarily remove one or two of the mounting screws that affix the motor in the housing.

Don't know how to say this so I will just say it and if none of you never help me in the future, then I don't necessarily blame you guys (and girls). I woke up this morning and went right over to the machine and turned the pulley around. I was installing both of them the way that was obviously right to me. small nipple side out instead of in the hole provided in the machine. And I cannot even start a sentence with "in my defense..." YES gentlefolks. You cant get anything by me...that's for sure. Please, since I cannot buy you all a drink, have a good laugh on me...laughs are on me, laughs all around. I love it. I quoted you all because everyone deserves a laugh. thx

steve

5 hours ago, R8R said:

On most motors, I can squeeze a wrench on it if I temporarily remove one or two of the mounting screws that affix the motor in the housing.

6 hours ago, Pintodeluxe said:

I agree with the others, I install the pulley so the raised "hub" faces the motor.  The best tool I have found for the job is an impact driver and socket.  It makes short work of removing the old pulley and installing the new one.  Just make sure to wear gloves to save your hands.    

13 hours ago, dikman said:

20 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Is the motor shaft keyed? If so, make sure you line up the key slot in the original pulley with the key. If the new pulley lacks a key slot it won't go on unless the key is removed.

21 hours ago, JJN said:

Put the pulley on the other way?