chrisash

Python Skins and uk laws

For those living in the Uk there was a bit in the news today about a woman getting into trouble with some python skin items, apparently some skins are banned in the uk from endangers animals, with big potential fines, so worth checking first before you buy this type of skin

This applies even to finished, manufactured goods, with any of the banned products in them.

When I got some cow-hide impressed with python and croc skin patterns I got a print out from Tandy saying it was cow-hide.

Years ago I got some buffalo hide. TSO thought buffalo = bison= protected species. I had trouble getting them to understand it was water buffalo = cattle = cow hide

N.I. has its own severe regs; anything from endangered or even thought to be endangered or protected species is likely to give anyone a court appearance, and there is a hefty fine with a custodial sentence - not either, but both.

Another; A few years back I had trouble with my TSO and some faux Ivory  a friend sent me from USA. It took a lot of doing to make them do a simple test on it to prove it was only plastic

Move to the colonies:) Florida will pay you to hunt and kill Python's.

Sam