Turves09

Stitching placement and spacing

Hey All, 

I am using a 4mm diamond tool for my stitching but i find that at times the holes don't line up at a corner or end of the stitch....4mm spacing then end up with 2mm etc....

is there a secrete to this? or do i need to consider the stitching spacing when designing templates etc???

Cheers

Get a single tine chisel to go with your current chisel and adjust spacing of the last 1 or 2 holes so you won’t notice the slightly different spacing.

Gary

As Gary says get a 1 tooth punch, or a 2 tooth one. Also, if you can get a set of 3mm punches.

Lets assume you are doing a simple item, sewing down one side round a curved corner, along the bottom, another corner and up the other side. With this I use my multi-tooth chisel to work from the top of the sides down to the corners, working alternately so there are the same number of stitches down each side. As I get close to the corners I use the single tooth punch to put a hole on the apex of the corner, then I see how the multi-tooth punch will make holes spacing back towards the side ones, I adjust the spacing using a 1-tooth or 2-tooth punch. Round the corners I use the multi-tooth from each corner towards the centre of the bottom, again working alternately so there are same number of stitches, as the two rows get close to the centre I check to see how the holes will fall. Then I use the 1-tooth or 2-tooth punches to adjust the spacing so any short or longer stitch falls about the centre of the bottom

hth

Thanks Guys, thats great....i just have been starting at one end....will try that out on the next item..