Samalan

Prosthetic Project

This is my most satisfying leather project to date.  The lady was told by her Dr. that it would be impossible to shoot handguns again; these pictures show a very happy customer and a very wrong Dr.

p001.JPG

p002.JPG

p003.JPG

p004.JPG

p005.JPG

p006.JPG

That is really a great thing you've done. It's very depressing to hear you'll never do the things you love,but you've given that back. You sir are awesome! 

It just goes to show that the human spirit, both hers and yours, is unstoppable. 

Nothing pleases me more than when someone is told that they can't or won't be able to do something and then they do it anyway.

What a wonderful job!

Congrats to all.  This post made my day! 

That is wonderful, great workmanship and giving back the joy / relaxation that shooting provides to this person. As always necessity is the mother of invention.

kgg

Wonderful that you were able to help her do, what she loves and had lost.   :)

So, let me see if I got this right: the prosthesis for the right hand allows her to hold the pistol, and the one for the left pulls the trigger?

Nice work!

What did you use to take the moulds you show in the top picture?

Edited by Sheilajeanne

A really beautiful and meaningful job.  You've made a huge difference in that lady's life.

The smiles on the last photo say it all.  Absolutely great work, from design to completion!  

YinTx

That's a great story and I'm glad you got to be a part of it!

that is very cool indeed.

Thank you all for the very nice comments , the project did take some time to figure out, like  the loading  and unloading and all the gun functions.  She needed to be able  do them her self. it was a fun project she was a doll to work with. I have other medical things made of leather a leg lifter for a  for a lady i met while i was in therapy. and a shoulder brace i did for myself the doc loved it. Thanks again for the comments.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:30 AM, Sheilajeanne said:

So, let me see if I got this right: the prosthesis for the right hand allows her to hold the pistol, and the one for the left pulls the trigger?

Nice work!

What did you use to take the moulds you show in the top picture?

Hi and sorry for the time it took me to get back to you . Yes you understand how the prosthetic work's the molding materials used i got from" Reynolds advanced materials"  Boston Mass . I used Alja Safe to get the molds for her hand's then used a very fast setting epoxy i'm not sure but i think it was a 3000 set's like a rock in seconds . hope this helps and thanks for the question .