HCRider

New to biker gear

Hello...I mostly build holsters but I have been given an opportunity to make some wallets, tool bags and saddlebags for a local biker apparel store....what type of zipper should I use for the wallets? Heavy duty coat type? Where can I get the chains or chain I can cut to length? What type of leather and what weight should I use for the tool bags and saddlebags? Hard or soft? Thank you

Most bikers like their gear to be pretty heavy so 9 )Z veg tanned leather would be a good start for that type of stuff.  You can go a little lighter or heavier but 9 is a good start.  I like brass YYK zippers for biker wallets, but I almost never get a request for a zipper.  Most people want a fold over closure or nothing at all.   Interior zippers should be lighter weight, I use plastic most of the time but I have been known to use brass as well.

Chains can be found almost anywhere made ready to use.  Bay, Etsy and Ohio travel bag all carry them.  You can also find chain maille biker chains that are really cool.  Other hardware can be sourced from places like aliexpress, the buckle guy and the like.

Thank you for the info. :)