SteveHolt

Border Stamp Identification

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone might be familiar with the border stamp used on this championship belt. I have searched around Craftool, Barry King, and some other makers, but cannot seem to find it. Any help would be much appreciated. 

BorderStamp.png.b123453c3a70baf1780c75398e486adb.png

Thank you all for what you do!

SH

Edited by SteveHolt

From the looks of the entire thing I would say that it has all been applied using a press so the border elements that you are looking for are an integral part of the overall plate and not an individual stamp.  Every impression is consistent on the depth, spacing is perfect between impressions along the border and and the edge line just below the border impressions is embossed and not cut and beveled.  These types of items are typically embossed and clicked out in one smooth process so that everything has a perfect consistency to it.  You may want to contact the producers of this item to see if they can help you with it.

NVLeatherWorx...Thank you for such an informative reply! I had a suspicion the area tooled next to the snaps was done by a press, but didn't even think about the entire belt itself being pressed. The fact that these belts are churned out in numbers and ALL look exactly alike makes me think they are not hand-tooled, and further lends credit to your observation of the use of a press. Good eye, sir! And thanks again for your reply!

Regards,

SH

Looking at Tandy this is what I fond to be as close as possible:

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/craftool-pro-stamp-border-d2160

You could look elsewhere, of course, and another option would be to even order a custom made stamp for you. It all depends how far you want to look for it.

D439 and D606 are close, but it looks like a custom stamp.  If you show it to one of the stamp makers, I imagine they can recreate it for you.

YinTx

I bought one from the Czech republic but you can also find it here...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Toolpaw

Dragonskin Stamp.jpg

1 hour ago, Fonzarellis said:

I bought one from the Czech republic but you can also find it here...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Toolpaw

Dragonskin Stamp.jpg

How do you like the Czech tools? I have been considering some but wondered about actual quality and crispness etc.