JLSleather

Maker Mark

Oh, good thing this was here.  Otherwise, where do you put this other part about design people?  'Show off" the design?  Or "how do I" design?  Or, "critique" the design?  Or "suppliers" of the design? :whistle:

Seems most of the 'makers" of these are pretty binary... either on or off -- machined away or not.  I would have thought 2-axis mills were about obsolete, but apparently not so much.  So, ... at least had the benefit of a cheap design guy with a bit of taste!

JLS_stamp_1in.jpg

So this one should be about 7/8" x 7/8"

JLS_stamp_4in-copy.jpgAnd this one should be about 2 3/8" x 1.5"

Both "tooled" in the black (white portions RAISED)

32 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

Those should look pretty cool.

Hope yer right ;)  If the sun shine on it from about 2 0'clock, should look a bit like ..

Open.jpg

well, that's a bit 'white', so maybe actually a bit more like this ..

JLS_stamp_4in.jpg

JLS-Leather.jpg

Yup, pretty much what I figured on the look.  Think this is about as good as it gets in "binary" form without going to an actual 3D embossing plate ... pretty darn reasonably priced too.  There's the "proof" this fella sent (click to enlarge).  

Fortunately, I saved a bunch of time and $$ hiring a "local" design guy ... :whistle: 

I have now received mine from Sergey, and am very happy with the results.

Our logo is long established from our consultancy business, so working it into a stamp was 'interesting', each is approx 1" / 25mm, my wife / business partner likes the untextured version, I like the textured version.

This is a quick grab of the loho in print (its smoother around the edges)

5c09298ababe5_LeatherStampLogowhitcherbiz.jpeg.3af71ad0b9f6832401687ad00e86830f.jpeg

Without any texture to squares:

5c0929b0e8a57_LeatherStampLogowhitcherbizuntextured.thumb.jpeg.6e838367746835114a8403b16cc1aac3.jpeg

With texture to represent colours:

5c092a025cff7_LeatherStampLogowhitcherbiztextured.thumb.jpeg.64d41a5ba458bc60ba94657ea0444110.jpeg

Looks great @JLSleather. Classy.

3 hours ago, JLSleather said:

JLS-Leather.jpg

Yup, pretty much what I figured on the look.  Think this is about as good as it gets in "binary" form without going to an actual 3D embossing plate ... pretty darn reasonably priced too.  There's the "proof" this fella sent (click to enlarge).  

Fortunately, I saved a bunch of time and $$ hiring a "local" design guy ... :whistle: 

Those both look great!  You should put that design fella on the payroll...lol.. So are you going to share which vendor you went with...asking for a friend

53 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

So are you going to share which vendor you went with.

https://am-leathercraft.com/

Alex.  Shipping takes a GOOD WHILE, unless you want to pay international express.  And while I like the IDEA of "buy American",  I don't like it so much that the American can charge me about DOUBLE and NOT give me a better product. There's a lesson there ;)

19 hours ago, JLSleather said:

https://am-leathercraft.com/

Alex.  Shipping takes a GOOD WHILE, unless you want to pay international express.  And while I like the IDEA of "buy American",  I don't like it so much that the American can charge me about DOUBLE and NOT give me a better product. There's a lesson there ;)

agreed, i went with the same vendor for mine, as long as you don't mind the wait it's a quality product and Alex was great to work with...

Well, without a lot of details, I could pay Alex a $60 DHL fee for faster int'l shipping and STILL pay less and get better results than SOME of those I contacted.  A tip for Americans -- don't say "we respond in 24 hours" if you don't... sure way to take yourself out of the consideration.

Got mine made by Phillips Engraving. I have been really pleased. The only thing I do not like with this stamp is that the corners of the rectangular block of aluminum the stamp face is cut from, sometimes are imprinted on the leather if you don't watch how deep you are hammer or pressing into the leather.