Elvis

Cracked/vintage effect leather

Hey guys, I was in doubt where to post(suppliers or how to do)  it so then let’s do it here. 

A customer ask me to do some seats (bomber seats) to his hot rod. But. He ask me for a leather like on the photo. 

First, when he talk to me I thought he was talking about a crazy horse leather. But then when he send this photo, it’s a cracked or vintage look leather, don’t know how to call it. Hahaha

so,

somebody knows how I could do it? Something that I can use or if I can buy it ready a kind of leather like that. 

Thanks 

10BA5D91-E8CD-40BF-83FF-4A1A5420CAFD.jpeg

BTW. I know this saddle bags are like that because of the natural aging of leather. 

Usually I always do the opposite: make it looks like new. Hahaha

It appears to me to be old, dry and damaged. Good luck with duplicating that satisfactorily.

On 27/11/2018 at 3:44 PM, Rockoboy said:

It appears to me to be old, dry and damaged. Good luck with duplicating that satisfactorily.

Exactly. I’m trying to convince him to do a crazy horse and it’s that. Hard customers. 

How about soaking in sea water for 2 days then hanging up to dry for a week in any desert you like, maybe two weeks will be required. Guaranteed to get the same effect

I think I saw someone get this affect on purpose by ironing it. You may need to experiment with temps and thicknesses.

On 30/11/2018 at 5:08 PM, chrisash said:

How about soaking in sea water for 2 days then hanging up to dry for a week in any desert you like, maybe two weeks will be required. Guaranteed to get the same effect

Good tip! Haha

On 30/11/2018 at 9:18 PM, battlemunky said:

I think I saw someone get this affect on purpose by ironing it. You may need to experiment with temps and thicknesses.

Thanks buddy!