JazzBass

Latest music project - "Jazz Juice"

Hi Friends,

Just thought I'd post a short clip of a group in which I'm involved, "Jazz Juice", for my friends on the forum, to give you an idea of what I do professionally.

Enjoy!!

https://vimeo.com/278430546

Sounds great. I don't know how anyone can play a bass with no frets.

Good stuff!

Great stuff Chris, well done jazz juice. With you being a double bass player and liking REAL jazz "not smooth elevator music" I am sure you like Charles Mingus?? Love that album "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady" Regards Jimi.

17 hours ago, TSes said:

Haha - After a while, you get the hang of it. ;)

15 hours ago, maxdaddy said:

Good stuff!

Thanks- glad you enjoyed it.

9 hours ago, jimi said:

Great stuff Chris, well done jazz juice. With you being a double bass player and liking REAL jazz "not smooth elevator music" I am sure you like Charles Mingus?? Love that album "The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady" Regards Jimi.

Don't know that record, by I do know Mingus' music. I'll look it up when I get a chance. Thanks for the recommendation.

18 hours ago, TSes said:

In case you haven't noticed, most stringed instruments in the orchestra don't have frets! :)  Violins, cellos and of course, bass fiddles!

5 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

In case you haven't noticed, most stringed instruments in the orchestra don't have frets! :)  Violins, cellos and of course, bass fiddles!

True, of course. The upright bass isn't too bad, because of the string length. The shorter the string, the harder it is to play in tune. My fretless electric is more critical, being about 8" shorter in string length. A violin, is probably the most difficult, but still, it's just a matter of getting used to it and letting your ears do a lot of the work.