Hello all!

Here is a roper wallet (or long wallet) that I just finished for myself. Btw, my nickname is Nate in case you're confused.

I needed to make myself a wallet so I could have some of my work with me when meeting potential customers. Also, my Cabela's wallet was falling apart.

It is lined with Tandy's super soft pigskin. 

When I showed it to my dad, he said I should have stamped "A fool and his money are soon parted" on the inside flap...  (I think I should have done that too considering how often I go to Tandy... :wacko:

Let me know what you think!

Comments/critique always welcome.

1.thumb.jpg.fd1192a2889e5c1c68e5a2bcd31c7fd2.jpg5.thumb.jpg.4dc98cc0c0147a6250b70e4c6235515d.jpg4.thumb.jpg.cde2d2dfedf4a53bf189932646fef63c.jpg0.thumb.jpg.ee79ac7064e36c6eca3206274022d164.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1798e48adfb3b7b82d403955ef863a41.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Ryan 

Edited by Rolandranch

Nice work!  I believe that one should last a long time, and not fall apart!

YinTx

8 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Nice work!  I believe that one should last a long time, and not fall apart!

YinTx

Thanks YinTx! I forgot to mention that I was inspired by your cell phone slip case. :yes: I really like the BW and sheridan mix.

-Ryan

Lookin' great as always, Ryan!

- Bill

2 hours ago, billybopp said:

Lookin' great as always, Ryan!

- Bill

Thanks Bill!

Quality heirloom work as always, sir!

15 minutes ago, Double Daddy said:

Quality heirloom work as always, sir!

Thank you Chris!

Looks good, kid.  But ditch the counterfeit money - erybody know $10 bill aint got but ONE ZERO ;)

Lookin' good Ryan.  Nice touch with the seeder used with the camo stamp along the edge.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:22 AM, JLSleather said:

Looks good, kid.  But ditch the counterfeit money - erybody know $10 bill aint got but ONE ZERO ;)

Lol! I was wondering who would mention it first. Should have know it would be you! Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Goldshot Ron said:

Lookin' good Ryan.  Nice touch with the seeder used with the camo stamp along the edge.

Thank you, Ron! I did the seeder with camo on a wallet for a friend and I really liked how it turned out so I did it to mine as well.

Nicely done!  I love it.  

Excellent, as always! How is that concho attached?

Jeff

And what model is that cowboy machine?  Did ya manage ta stitch that wallet with it?  

18 hours ago, bikepikespeak said:

Nicely done!  I love it.  

Thank you!

8 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Excellent, as always! How is that concho attached?

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! It's a screw-back concho with two screws.

7 hours ago, JLSleather said:

And what model is that cowboy machine?  Did ya manage ta stitch that wallet with it?  

4500... Yep, all stitched by that machine. I'm surprised at how well it stitches thin leather. That inside flap is 3/4oz.

-Ryan

Hmmm.  The Cobra machine -- suposedly same machine -- would only waste time trying to sew that.  Stitches would be far too loose.  I really must get something ELSE.

Beautiful work! It should make for some great advertising for you.

Nice work, what brand stamps do you like to use? Seems like others’ stamp work is always sharp and crisp compared to mine

I love how you did your nick name but I am not sure how you did it... would you care to share?

On 12/2/2018 at 11:18 AM, JLSleather said:

Hmmm.  The Cobra machine -- suposedly same machine -- would only waste time trying to sew that.  Stitches would be far too loose.  I really must get something ELSE.

The saddle maker I am an apprentice for has a cobra machine. I've used it a bit and I like my cowboy better because of the tighter stitches and its ability to stitch thin leather.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:58 PM, rodneywt1180b said:

Beautiful work! It should make for some great advertising for you.

Thank you! I have already bumped into several folks who wanted to see my work and I could show them my wallet. 

On 12/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, LonesomeLeather said:

Nice work, what brand stamps do you like to use? Seems like others’ stamp work is always sharp and crisp compared to mine

Hi! They're all craftool or craftool pros. Not the best quality for sure but the crispness comes from when I stamp the leather after I get it wet. If you stamp right after you wet the leather it will look mushy and soft but if you wait until the leather returns to its natural color (or looks dry) the stamping will come out clean and crisp. Hope this helps. 

On 12/9/2018 at 12:09 AM, Rbarleatherworks said:

I love how you did your nick name but I am not sure how you did it... would you care to share?

Thanks! That's how I sign my name so I just lightly signed the leather with a pencil and cut/beveled around the mark.

-Ryan