IanP13

leather knot question

Hi Everyone! This is my first post and I am hoping one of you will know what this knot is and how to tie it. I saw this not holding the clasp on a dog leash. The bleed or blood knot on the handle end is not a problem but I cannot figure out how to tie the clasp end. Any help would be very much appreciated! IMG_6787.JPGimage4.jpeg

Bruce Grant, Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding, pg 47

Hi Oltoot, Is there any way that you could send me a picture of the page from the encyclopedia showing the knot and how to tie it. I just ordered the book but we are currently under a mail strike and Im not likely to get it before Christmas.

1 hour ago, IanP13 said:

Hi Oltoot, Is there any way that you could send me a picture of the page from the encyclopedia showing the knot and how to tie it. I just ordered the book but we are currently under a mail strike and Im not likely to get it before Christmas.

Page 47 talks about Twist-Loop Reins.

I'm not very techy, I could send a pic from my Iphone if I had your email

Note that you can adopt this method for 2,3,4,etc strand loops. Be sure and save the dimensions when you get a twist worked out and   it will all look smoother if you punch a small round hole at he end of each slit. Then when done correctly, reins are easy to move from one bit to another and if yo use a 4 strand twist with a pretty substantial turnback, you have reins with some pretty good weight for release   

Those knots look very good! I like the way you shaped the hidden end of the strap into a point.