OnePivot

Bag kote and waxed leather. No go?

I just received my bottle of bag kote, and it sounds like its the finish im looking for. 

I have some leather projects I've finished, and have previously coated with my homebrew beeswax-olive oil blend. Are those pieces done and can no longer be coated with bag kote? My understanding is that the bag kote is not an acrylic or plastic type finish, but Im not finding any suggestions to or not to apply over wax! 

Im working with veg tanned leather. I have some chrome tanned ill use in the future as well, but this is mostly about bag kote'ing the veg tan. Thank you!

I think once you added the "homebrew" oil/wax product (depending on how well it set in) I don't think you going to want to cover that with a finish.  The leather will breath from the rough side and your olive oil mixture will start to mold and using the bag-kote will then trap the mold in, it wont be pretty.  So you would clean that off as best you can with a leather soap, then use a leather dressing\conditioner.  The "food based" oils are not good, your project will get sticky and mold-up.  You can experiment with your own formulas, and process but I would stay away from the cooking oils.