Here are some step by step photos of the binding I do on my wallets. I will come back and edit with a narration when I can get a little more time.

b12.jpg

b13.jpg

b14.jpg

b15.jpg

b16.jpg

b17.jpg

b18.jpg

brown_distressed.jpg

brown_distressed_detach.jpg

brown_distressed_inside.jpg

post-3955-1201974591_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974600_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974608_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974627_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974642_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974662_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974693_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974716_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974737_thumb.jpg

post-3955-1201974755_thumb.jpg

Nice, Thank you KK.

thanks Kevin can't wait to see the narrative.

Here are some step by step photos of the binding I do on my wallets. I will come back and edit with a narration when I can get a little more time.

b12.jpg On this one, I just started at the point where i do the binding, so you can do this with whatever design you want.

b13.jpg This is a 30" long strip of lambskin. I have recently started using garment cow as the lambskin wears out much faster

b14.jpg sew on the binding to the outside edge, face to face.

b15.jpg This is where I trim the corners to give it a nice rounded look when finished

b16.jpg Seam tape on the inside to hold binding in place. Stretch binding around edge.

b17.jpg Sew along edge as close as you can get without actually sewing into the binding leather.

b18.jpg This is what it should look like when finished with sewing. Ready to trim excess leather. Sorry I dont have pics of that (I only have two hands.

brown_distressed.jpg

brown_distressed_detach.jpg

brown_distressed_inside.jpg

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

KK

Edited by Kevin King

Kevin;

I'm curious, is the seam tape that you use the same seam tape that is used on cloth? Do you have to heat it to bind?

Russ

KK

Edited by Russ

Nope! just stick it and go. I get it at hobby lobby or joanns.

KK

KK

Kevin, I've tried using double sided tape on a couple of awkward jobs a couple of years ago and the adhesive built up on the machine's needle and caused too many missed stitches, so I gave up. What's the secret?

Tony.

I'm not sure what kind of tape you were using, but this is what I use and havn't had a problem yet.

tape.jpg

post-3955-1202171053_thumb.jpg

Hey, Kevin, can I use this tutorial for a special web page? Nice job!!

Johanna

Hey Kevin,

Thank you for the tutorial. You really do great work. And I'm glad they put the tape in spanol also....lol : )

Thanks again bro.

Thanks, Kevin. Could you also show us how you do the interiors again? And what materials are you using for everything?

Thanks

Thanks, Kevin. Could you also show us how you do the interiors again? And what materials are you using for everything?

Thanks

Maybe in the future. I didnt want to repost the other parts because I have changed alot of things.

KK

You're alright Kevin, I don't care what Freak says about you!

I vote "Sticky", Johanna!

Ah.... just what i was looking for, thanks kevin, but by hand it going to take a while.

What do you use to trim the excess leather? You get it really straight!

ArtS

Thanks Kevin for the tutorial, it will be helpful for me. Very kind of you to post.

Wow! I thought this one was lost in the crash.

KK

Thanks!

Art

Actually, as I recall, Kevin was kind enough to do this tutorial a second time, after the crash. I think the original was lost.....I had bookmarked it rather than saving it, so I was thrilled when he did it over again for us.

Actually, as I recall, Kevin was kind enough to do this tutorial a second time, after the crash. I think the original was lost.....I had bookmarked it rather than saving it, so I was thrilled when he did it over again for us.

Thanks for sharring your talent Kevin,, do you recall what size thread you used from a scale perspective?

I know this is a n older thread, but nice job on the wallet! I would love to see your write up with explanations. I use this technique on binding carpet edges for auto work. I'd like to see how you got such a nice straight line when you trimmed the bottom side. GREAT JOB!

I use some seam tape that I get from Sailrite. If you have a business license, you can open a commercial account to get better prices. Here's a link to the tape in case anyone is interested.

http://www.sailrite.com/Seamstick-3-8-for-Canvas-60-Yds

This is a pretty cool site. Most prices are competitive, especially with wholesale prices. They have lot's of "How-To" videos that you can watch for FREE.

I don't have a problem with the glue building up on my needle.

Bobby

well done KK, i got lost some how. Cant wait to see the tools and materials used. Pls do me, a beginner and a tutor, a favour.Grateful bro.

this is an old thread....but I just learned to do this edge binding with my ol trusty Singer 211-155G.....very nice...and I used it on a large backpack and a new purse for a customer to hide the edges....workes great and looks so pro!

Love it....thanks for showing!!

james