New wallet for myself. This one has Kangaroo for the inside. 

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

Looks nice!

Very nice awesome  knife work

Really nice work Tim!  How did you tool the dark border around the outside of the design?

Gary

Very nice and clear carving and coloring.

Thanks Gary, If your talking about the beveling around the tooling I use Barry King Bevelers then a spoon modeling tool one pass to smooth it up and then a ball point modeling tool to bevel the edge of the tooling so it doesn't look so flat and that also widens the beveling and smoothes it up more.

3 minutes ago, Tim Schroeder said:

Thanks Gary, If your talking about the beveling around the tooling I use Barry King Bevelers then a spoon modeling tool one pass to smooth it up and then a ball point modeling tool to bevel the edge of the tooling so it doesn't look so flat and that also widens the beveling and smoothes it up more.

Thanks Tim - I am going to play around with your beveling technique -  it really looks good!

very nice tooling job there.

Toolin' looks good, and I like the color choices.  Maybe git sumthin' under the presser foot to prevent them stitchy marks?  Pic too dark to tell, how'dya do the edges?

Now HERE"s a man who understands deco cuts!  Nice work, Tim!

19 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Toolin' looks good, and I like the color choices.  Maybe git sumthin' under the presser foot to prevent them stitchy marks?  Pic too dark to tell, how'dya do the edges?

I was just looking at the presser foot and it was tilted to the back with just the back touching. Changed that presser foot right before sewing that guitar strap and this wallet. One of those ID10T errors.  Been using that machine for years and have never had that problem.  The edges are burnished using Glycerin soap, canvas and wax. I can't seem to get the Wyo Sheen to look good on the edges so I usually just put some Atom Wax on the edges when finished. 

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

Edited by Tim Schroeder

1 hour ago, Tim Schroeder said:

I was just looking at the presser foot and it was tilted to the back

Oh yeah.. diggin yer heels in -- literally :o  But them edges look pretty good for what appears to be a softer leather.

On 12/3/2018 at 7:46 AM, JLSleather said:

Beautiful work. 

I sometimes have a problem with my presser foot leaving marks... What can a person do about that?