LeatherworkingNovice

Documentation for vintage equipment/machines

I'm a self confessed information/reference material pack rat so my apologies for that.

I'm interested in any equipment manuals, diagrams, diagrams, parts lists, catalogs, advertising, videos/links  etc. for the various equipment folks use for leather working.  Anything from bench mounted skivers, splitters, cutters, clickers, presses, embossers, etc to dedicated machines like buffers, stitchers, sewing machines, and such.  Information on adjustments, repairs,  intended applications, "hey it will also do this" applications, modifications, you name it.  Even just vintage advertising or sales/promotional brochures so you can find a brand or model for some of these things...maybe to find parts or figure out how to use them better.

Of immediate interest to me is documentation on the various models of Landis 5 In 1 and 3 In 1 benchtop equipment.  There are some other things I'm supposed to take ownership of in a few months but those two are the start.

Please share whatever pics, PDFs, or reference links you have.

Thanks!

Turns out, karma's a thing.  Various machines in these two military tech manuals including the 3 In 1. 

This one was found searching for "Landis cutter"

https://archive.org/details/00.SRMManual.LandisKStitcher.Bk13.StchFinCutSew.edtd

The one above and below were found searching for "Landis machine"

https://archive.org/details/ShoeRepairMachines.USArmyWarDept.Quatermaster.orig.1946.1952

Edited by LeatherworkingNovice
Adding additional link

Holy crap - these are nice manuals  :huh:

You "Singer patcher idjits" out there - check the PDF in particular the BOOK 4 section regarding Singer 29K series patchers.  I never expected to see an Army manual for Singer patchers - very cool find  :spoton:

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Holy crap - these are nice manuals  :huh:

That's exactly what I said when I opened them.  I have a Landis 12 and an American curve needle, both on pallets in storage, both are "someday" projects.  Not that I want to resole boots, but they are mechanical wonders and I feel a need to make both of them sew.  These manuals could be invaluable.  Thank you LW Novice!

Any chance you have a Pfaff 145 Service/Technician Manual?

I have the operating manual and the parts manual.  

Nice manuals, Thanks.

7 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Any chance you have a Pfaff 145 Service/Technician Manual?

I have the operating manual and the parts manual.  

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Pfaff

Over 800 chances.  Happy hunting!

There's also Project Gutenberg

http://www.gutenberg.org

Happy to help, Folks.  :)   It was a totally unexpected find.

It's interesting to find out from those WW2 era tech manuals that crews of guys went out repairing uniforms & had a special trailer for hauling the gear.  You never saw that in any John Wayne flick.  And I'm also amused by the comedy potential of the modeling/diorama enthusiasts setting up a display of the "clothing crew" set up out in the field repairing clothes & boots.