dprezgay

Question about Zodiac Stamps

I just received some zodiac leather stamps that I bought on ebay.  Some are labeled BARON and some are labeled BARONTOOLLA. 

Are they from the same molds and interchangeable or are they actually 2 distinct sets of stamps?

Dale 

I don't think I have ever seen any Baron tools, but if you consider how Craftools have changed over the years, I would guess they might be the same tools made at different times.

The main consideration would be in the stamp impressions. Are the similar/identical in style, quality and engraving? On the other hand, does it matter? Is one person going to have multiple Zodiac designs in their hand at one time?

If you don't think they are a match, send them to me and I will keep them see if I can see any difference.

On 12/9/2018 at 11:00 PM, Rockoboy said:

I don't think I have ever seen any Baron tools, but if you consider how Craftools have changed over the years, I would guess they might be the same tools made at different times.

The main consideration would be in the stamp impressions. Are the similar/identical in style, quality and engraving? On the other hand, does it matter? Is one person going to have multiple Zodiac designs in their hand at one time?

If you don't think they are a match, send them to me and I will keep them see if I can see any difference.

Thanks for the response.  The reason I ask is that I have a set of zodiac stamps that include both BARON and BARONTOOL LA in it.  Some of the BARON stamps have a circle base and on the others, the base is loosely shaped around the stamp design.  I'm thinking that the "round" BARON stamps are older stamps.  The "shaped" BARON stamps are newer. And the "shaped" BARONTOOL LA tools are even newer.  But they may or may not be the same design.

I have 9 different sets of zodiac stamps (both Western and Chinese).  Some are full handle stamps and others use a separate handle like an alphabet set.  1 Set is made out of that black plastic material that needs a press in order to use them.  I intend on making a chart on a large piece of leather and framing it, one day.

Baron tools and Baron Tools LA are the same company.  changed their markings.  Not sure which is older.  They are totally different than Craftool.  I have some more Baron stamps for sell at this link: 

2 hours ago, jmkjmk2 said:

Baron tools and Baron Tools LA are the same company.  changed their markings.  Not sure which is older.  They are totally different than Craftool.  I have some more Baron stamps for sell at this link: 

I understand that they are the same company.  My question is, are the impressions of the zodiac stamps from Baron Tool and Baron Tool LA  EXACTLY the same?

Thanks,

Dale

25 minutes ago, jmkjmk2 said:

yes

Thanks

Moderator - Please Close/Lock this post and move to old/sold forum.

Thanks,

Dale