kiwibraider

sourcing string cutter/beveler in NZ/AUS

Hi There 

I am relatively new to rawhide and kangaroo but have been braiding paracord and making other leather items for a few years now, I am based between New Zealand and Australia and am having trouble finding a leather cutter/ beveler that will be suitable for rawhide mainly. I would appreciate any recommendations. I would prefer not to buy from the US if possible because the postage rates to here are horrendous

Thanks in advance  

Cannot help with the question. But nice to see another kiwi on board !

Im in Aus, and i get most of my tools from Birdsall, they have a pretty large range of stuff, and they're much better priced than Scamdy (read: Tandy). Not sure if they have exactly what you're after, 'cos I cant tell what it actually is that you're after, but go have a look. They're based in Sydney.

thanks, i stumbled across them yesterday but they told me they have had some issues with NZ customs destroying their products ( im assuming only leather) but will have a look at their hardware

4 hours ago, kiwican said:

Cannot help with the question. But nice to see another kiwi on board !

Gidday! thought i was alone here! haha

2 hours ago, kiwibraider said:

thanks, i stumbled across them yesterday but they told me they have had some issues with NZ customs destroying their products ( im assuming only leather) but will have a look at their hardware

Hmm, yes, I should think that's likely the case. Possibly some liquids too, but tools etc would be 100% fine, unless your customs have some kind of weird kind of product-destruction fetish lol 

2 hours ago, VabaX said:

Hmm, yes, I should think that's likely the case. Possibly some liquids too, but tools etc would be 100% fine, unless your customs have some kind of weird kind of product-destruction fetish lol 

I’ve brought stranger things back from traveling so I may pick it up when I’m there just to be safe lol NZ customs are a confusing bunch