whitakermk

Cut-Line c-225 Max Thread

Howdy  - My friend Jeff at Collin's Custom Saddles had a Cut-line C-225 drop in his lap. One of his saddle buyers is a chain of stores and apparently the owner said "hey - you said you needed a smaller machine to do something... I'll bring you one when I pick up my saddles."

I know - right!! WOuld never happen to me.

He's got it sewing but was wondering what the max thread would be? He's got two massive machines for punching through saddles that work fine. But, wanted to know capabilities of this one. We sewed through 8/9 ounce with heavy duty upholstery thread with no problem. But, he's wanting to use for sewing things like nylon to leather straps to re enforce them. leathers etc which we did today no problem - but as a test - but would need a thicker thread.

The other question was how to adjust stitch size - right know it's making pretty long stitches.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated - he lets me use his big splitter, or big clicker when I need one larger than mine for no charge as I've designed some logos and computer stuff and such for him. I told him I'd check the forum.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!! - Kent

cut-line1.jpg

Looks like a clone of a Mitsubishi DU-105, also cloned by Chandler as a C-75. Here's a video demo of something similar-

-DC

Similar to a Singer 211,probably can use #138 thread.

That looks like a copy of a singer 211.  Maximum thickness to sew would be about 3/8".  These machines were designed for the auto industry upholstery and seat covers.  maximum stitch length was 5-5.5mm.

glenn

Thanks everyone - will pass the info along to Jeff!