trishalynndesigns

Help with metallic colors

Hi! I am newish to braiding leather dog leads, and am looking for leather lace colors other than the typical bronze, pewter, silver and gold that come as stock colors. 

So question is...how do I go about getting metallic colors (purples, blues, reds, greens, etc) is there a method that is better holding up to wear and tear? The handle would be the biggest wear. Would I use dye? Paint? Do you have a certain brand that is recommended? 

I braid 4 strand,  witha core, if it matters. Laces are 3mm kangaroo leather from packer leather. 

Your best bet for lace it buying metallic lace.  Knotty Linda sells nearly every color imaginable.  If you have to add metallic to your existing lace, there is metallic dye from tandy thats frankly uninspiring, and there's metallic paint by both Lumiere and Golden.  They each have very sparkly paint but I have no idea how it would hold up to the physical act of lacking.