bermudahwin

Self inflicted wounds

Really it was just 8, stitches to be truthful it didn't bother me. but that could be due to the fact i felt like an ass.  

Oh well...I guess it was just your turn to feel that way. lol

9 minutes ago, JazzBass said:

I'll bet the teacher wasn't quite as "upset" as you were! ;)

once i was stitching a bass bag for my friend bag slipped on to the go  peddle that was a close one never thought i would get hurt on a sewing machine .

On 12/16/2018 at 1:25 AM, hwinbermuda said:

Handstitched comment made me vow never to use my leg as a cutting board... even with the added protection of jeans and a workshop apron.

It was  very common  to cut  cardboard like that,  a bit like hanging a piece of wood off the side  of a bench to cut it, an action that I probably did 1000's of times over the years making pools, ...but it only took just that 1 time ....   it was a new blade as well,  which is probably why I didn't feel a thing....4 stitches later......or was it 5 ? 

Back on topic:  Each & every time I use my big saddle machine, I remind myself of the time my Mother put a needle through her finger, reminding me to keep my hands and fingers WELL CLEAR . Her machine was a domestic machine....the saddle machine is not, ......its a domestic machine that has overdosed on steroids   HA HA :) 

HS 

Edited by Handstitched

Many of my family are or were farmers at one time. I'm sure every dang one of them can tell you a machinery horror story that will curl your hair!

Worst one I can think of was when one of my uncles let his teen son stand on the back of the tractor as it was pulling a disc harrow. It was only going to be for a short distance, so he thought it would be okay.  He fell off and was run over by the harrow. He survived and still has all his body parts, but he was on crutches for a very long time!