plinkercases

First frankenstien bobbin wonder for Pearson #6

The machine is now mounted and almost ready to go so i cobbled together annild hand crank drill, a spring loaded pepper shaker, a paper towel holder/shelf thingy and an old thread stand and ta da! It really works. Last layer look like shyte as i re do it several times to sort out the final retention of the bobbin when the thread tension increased. I crank with one hand and tension and guide the thread with the other. I works! Doesnt need to look pretty.

PHOTO_20181212_103413_fx.jpg

PHOTO_20181212_103421_fx.jpg

Real Heath Robinson job! (I've wondered what use a hand-drill would be these days). I like your use of setscrews.:lol::lol::lol:

I found the same thing with the one I built. ( pictured on another thread )  getting the thread to wind evenly while hand guiding it is a bit tricky.  That might be why the Aaron Martin ones are so long between bobbin and tensioner. I intend to try putting a tensioner on mine at a distance to see if it then winds more evenly. But have not had any problems sewing even with uneven wound bobbins.

18 hours ago, dikman said:

Real Heath Robinson job! (I've wondered what use a hand-drill would be these days). I like your use of setscrews.:lol::lol::lol:

Lets call it a mock up... not even a prototype! I wqs on the phone with a sluggish son trying to get him out to sxhool while cobbling this together!