Sceaden

Tandy Printable Tracing Sheets

Apparently these printable tracing sheets from Tandy do NOT WORK WITH INKJET. So I'm selling the remaining 5 out of the 6 pack for $8 with free shipping.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/printable-tracing-sheets-8-1-2-x11-6-pk

Seems like nice material and it would be great to print on if I had a laser printer.

20181206_190123.jpg

20181206_190131.jpg

Edited by Sceaden
Added pictures

I use vellum paper in my inkjet to print tracing patterns.  You can buy it in any office supply store like Staples.  It does not last forever like a plastic film, but just print another.  --John

Yup! I use vellum as well and it works great but I typically can only use it once or twice at best. I would have liked to have been able to print some of my more popular designs for something that would last a lot longer.

Another good option is the plastic printable overhead transparency material. These hold up pretty well but not forever but easy to just print another one. 

7 hours ago, Hildebrand said:

Another good option is the plastic printable overhead transparency material. These hold up pretty well but not forever but easy to just print another one. 

... Just make sure that you get the right kind!  The laser printer kind is fairly thick to stand up to the heat of laser printers and smooth with no tooth to hold inkjet ink but still does fair with overhead pens.  The inkjet kind has a slightly matte side to hold ink, and is usually thin enough to melt in a laser printer.  Regular "hand drawing" film is VERY thin and smooth, so not suitable for either type of printer.

All three are decent for transferring patterns to leather, but I usually just use paper.  Use once and throw away.

- Bill

Great suggestions, for the record I am trying to sell these, LOL.

10 hours ago, Sceaden said:

Great suggestions, for the record I am trying to sell these, LOL.

Hehe. Yeah, I realized you were selling ... but now you have alternatives for your use!

- Bill

Haha, thanks for the suggestions! I've been using vellum with good results. 

$7 shipped?

$6 anyone?